Chapter 4 Part 2 - The Trial

No one's POV

Inside the courtroom, the Scouts and the Garrison stood on Eren's left and on the right was the MPs. The audience present there were military personnel and members of the Order of the Walls. The symbols of the Training Corps, the MPs, the Garrison, and the Scouts were hanged on the wall. Everyone was inclined to see the boy who has titan abilities and gave the victory for humanity during the events in Trost District.

The MPs brought Eren Jaeger to the middle where he was chained on a pole.

People started whispering amongst themselves and Eren seems to be anxious on what would happen.

Eren's POV

What's with this lineup? What are then even judging here?

I looked around seeing the the three branches of the military were present, my eyes widened as I made eye contact with Mikasa and Armin. What are they doing here?

You guys...

I heard the door close and footsteps in front of me. I looked up to see a man who sat on the middle.

Could be the judge...

He places his long coat on his table and rolls up his sleeves. He scans over the paper and says, "Well then, let us begin."

I waited for the next words he was about to say anxiously.

What will they do to me?

He fixes his glasses and said, "Eren Jaeger, yes? You are a soldier, sworn to sacrifice your life for the public good. Is that correct?"

"H-hai."

"This is an exceptional situation. This tribunal will be held under military, not civilian, law. The final decision rests entirely in my hands." He says as he continues to read his papers. He then looks up from it and said, "Your fate will be decided here. Do you have any objections?"

I though about it at first but I chose not to. I looked down and said to the man, "No, sir."

"I appreciate your perception. I will be direct. As anticipated, concealing your existence has proved impossible." He said. From the corner of my eye, up on the balcony Hanji-san and Miche-san stood and watched.

"We must make your existence public in some form, or a threat to humanity other than titans may arise. What I will decide today is which force will have custody of you. The Military Police? Or the Survey Corps?"

I looked over to the Survey Corps, knowing that Commander has a plan and will do everything to win the tribunal. But where's Aya-san? She's not home after her mission? Knowing her, she'll always make an entrance, she has a scary aura that when it gets serious they cannot mess with her... And I may have encountered that before and it scared me to the core.

"Then I ask the Military Police for their proposal." He gestures to the MPs on my right. "Hai."

The man who stood in front of his soldiers began.

"I, Commander of the Military Police, Nile Dok, will present my proposal. After a thorough investigation of Eren's body, we believe he should be eliminated immediately." He said as he looked over to me. I got scared of his proposal because he wants me disposed off immediately.

Are you kidding me?

"It's certainly true that his titan power overcame our previous peril. However, now his existence threatens to spark a civil war. So we ask him to die for humanity's sake, leaving behind all the information he can give us." He added.