E I G H T Y S E V E N

Mia's Outfit

September 25th, 2020

"Bubby?" Mia hears Tilly call as the girl gets to the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah?" Mia questions, the girl going to find Tilly who was sitting in the kitchen with a pencil in her hand. Mia looks around the table and notices glitter, coloured card and stickers sprawled out in front of her.

"What's up Bubba?" Mia asks, Tilly sighing in frustration.

"I need help with my Art Project." Tilly huffs as Mia moves to sit down beside her.

"What do you even do in Year 5 Art?" Mia questions.

"I have to make times table cards but they're messy." Tilly frowns, showing Mia the cards.

"I want them to be pretty." Tilly grins at her.

"I can help you if you want." Mia suggests, Tilly looking at her with bright eyes.

"Yay, thank you." Tilly exclaims, wrapping her arms around the girl.

"Alright, let's split them up odd and even, make them different colours if you want?" Mia looks at the blonde girl.

"Oooo, yay, you have good ideas." Tilly smiles as she moves the odds pile over to Mia so she could start on those. Mia writes out the numbers in the set one by one, sliding them over to Tilly who was covering them in glitter and sticking things to them to make them look pretty.

"They look good." Mia grins as Tilly shows them to her.

"Thank you." Tilly smiles as Mia stands up, cleaning up the table so it wasn't covered in glitter and glue. Once she had, Tilly ran off into the living room to show off her new cards before Sara made her way into the kitchen.

"Would you do me a favour?" Sara looks at her son's girlfriend.

"Yeah course." Mia smiles.

"Can you stick these up on her wall for me? I'm busy preparing dinner at the moment" Sara asks.

"Yeah that's fine, don't worry." Mia grins before her and Tilly disappears upstairs to her room. Tilly hands her the cards one by one, starting from 12 and going up so her 1 times tables were at the top.