E I G H T Y E I G H T

Mia's Outfit

September 30th, 2020

"I don't mind waiting outside for you." Mia responds to her boyfriend, readjusting her glasses on her face.

"You sure?" Harvey asks, watching her nod yet again.

"We should go before you're late." She pokes his shoulder, grabbing her car keys from the side table. She was thankful that finally had her car back after Lucee had driven it down from Manchester and gave her the keys back, the girl knowing her father was opposed to it but Lucee didn't listen.

"I've missed Clifford." Harvey grins at the red Mini Cooper.

"I've missed Clifford too." Mia laughs, the two of them getting into the car.

"What time did you say your dad left?" Harvey questions.

"Lunch time, he gets back at one so I need to be very quick." Mia responds as she sets off driving to the test centre.

"I'm nervous." Harvey bites his lip as she turns a corner.

"You'll be fine." Mia responds, Harvey watching her drive almost perfectly.

"I still find it so unfair that you can drive before me." Harvey laughs.

"I am older than you." Mia responds.

"By 6 days, what use is that?" Harvey scoffs as she parks across the street from the test centre.

"You should go before you're late." Mia speaks up after 5 minutes of complete silence.

"I'm nervous." He repeats his words from earlier.

"Just go with your gut feeling." Mia responds, Harvey nodding softly. He presses a soft kiss to her lips before getting out of the car, the blonde boy running across the road to the test centre whilst Mia sat in her car waiting for him.

"This should be fun." Mia sighs, turning off the engine to her car.

She manages to buy clothes, order a new phone case and like over 150 posts on Instagram in the 90 minutes Harvey was inside doing his test, the girl not realising she had already bought some of Harvey's Christmas presents until she looked over the order form. She looks up just as Harvey walks out of the test centre with his letter in his hand, Mia not being able to make out his expression until he gets in the car.