the Second Task

Your POV:
The next day went by just like any other. After classes were done, I met up with the twins and offered we study in the library for a bit. That didn't last long. We hadn't even been there for ten minutes when George and Fred started tugging on my sleeves from both sides of me.
"You guys can go if you want, but I should stay and study." I told them.
"Sorry Y/n," Fred said as he began to stand, "but it is just so boring in here. You can have your boyfriend back later. We're gonna go blow something up."
I chuckled and waved goodbye to them as they left me alone in the library.

After a while, I had grown bored of studying and decided to go find Cedric. We hadn't spent much time together since he was chosen for the tournament and I started dating George, but he was still easily my best friend.
"Hey Ced." I greeted him as I walked along with him down the hall.
"Hey Y/n." He smiled at me, "What's up?"
"Nothing. Just bored." I told him. And that was the truth. Rita told me she didn't need me to take pictures or get any quotes for the second task, which was a bit weird, but I didn't ask why. And even though I was kind of falling behind in my classes, I had quite a bit of free time on my hands today.

"Do you want to do something fun?" I asked him.
"Have any ideas?" He asked me.
"Well no, not really."
Suddenly as we passed by Professor Mcgonagall's classroom, I heard someone call my name.
"Y/n L/n, will you please join me in my office for a minute?" McGonagall asked me.
I waved goodbye to Cedric and joined her in her office.

After that, all I remember is nothing.

George's POV:
I looked everywhere for Y/n before the second task started but I couldn't find her anywhere. She wasn't in the library anymore, and everybody I asked said they hadn't seen her. So I really had no choice but to go watch without her. Fred and I made our way to the Black Lake with everyone else and I searched the crowd for Y/n. Still nothing. That was weird. I would have thought even if she wasn't with Rita she would be wishing Cedric luck.

Harry, Cedric, Krum, and Fleur dove in the lake and we waited for almost a half an hour when Cedric broke through the surface first, with Y/n in his arms.

I rushed down the steps and to where Cedric had set her down. She was conscious but just barely, and she looked freezing. I helped her sit up and sat with her rubbing her back until she pulled herself together. I draped my jacket around her and stood to thank Cedric for saving her.
"Really, thank you so much." I told him, "I didn't even know she was down there. She could have died if you didn't bring her up to the surface with you."
"It was no problem." He responded, "I wouldn't have left her down there. I care about her you know, she's my best friend. I suppose that's why she was down there in the first place. We each got something valuable stolen from us."

I thanked him again and congratulated him on the win before holding my hand out for Y/n to take. I helped her up and pulled her into a tight hug.
"Let's get you out of these wet clothes, huh?" I grabbed her hand and led her back to the Gryffindor common room.

I gave her some of my clothes to change into and told her she could shower in our bathroom. I waited for her on the couch in the common room until she walked down the stairs towards me, absolutely engulfed in my hoodie.
"You look comfy." I teased her.
"I never got to thank Cedric. For saving me. That was honestly really scary." She said.
"Don't worry, I think I thanked him enough for you. I was really worried, you know."
She smirked at me and gave me big puppy dog eyes.
"Aw was Georgie worried? Worried I was gonna die down there? Now what would you ever do without me?" She laughed her perfect little laugh.
"I think I might just die." I smiled at her and pulled her closer.

Your POV:
I had so many emotions in that moment and so many thoughts swarmed my head. But when I looked at George, I just felt so safe. I loved more than anything having him all to myself, but it was a bit strange seeing him without his twin so often.
"Hey George," I asked him, "Where's Freddie? I haven't seen much of him lately. Except this morning I guess."
"Well right now he's probably still at the Black Lake. You haven't seen much of anyone but me lately to be fair. What's Rita have you doing over there so often anyway?" He asked.
"Oh you know, dark magic, forbidden curses." I joked.
I don't know why but whenever I joked with him I felt some kind of force pulling me closer to him, begging for his touch. I got lost in his eyes, as I often did, and I watched as his eyes shifted from mine to my lips. He slid his hand behind my neck and must have felt my wet hair because he pulled back.
"Ew! Nevermind! You're all cold and wet!" He acted revolted.

I slapped his bicep and looked at him, shocked.
"That was so mean! I just got out of the shower! Now get over it and kiss me." I told him.
"Sorry love, no can do. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely head over heels in love with you, but I don't kiss slimy girls." He joked.
"I'm not slimy! I'm completely clean! You're slimy!" I got up from where I was sitting and stood over him. His smug face turned to a look of shock as I wrung out my hair on him, practically soaking him and his clothes.

He chased me around, but I was no match for his speed. He caught up to me fast, grabbed me by the waist, and lifted me in the air.
"You're gonna get it now." He told me.
I distracted him. "Oh my goodness is that a unicorn? Look, through the window!"
I pointed out the window and he dropped me. I took my chance and sprinted up to his dorm, locking the door behind me. I only barely made it when he started banging on the door.
"Let me in, Y/n." He yelled from the hall.
"Sorry no can do, Georgie." I told him, "Maybe have Jenna let you into my dorm or something because I'm sleeping here tonight."

George's POV:
I chuckled at her from behind the door and snuck off to the library. I wasn't going to study or anything, I was just gonna let her get bored all by herself in my dorm. She had to come out sooner or later, because Fred had to come back at some point.

Your POV:
I had been sitting against the door for maybe ten minutes when I heard him knocking.
"Yes?" I called out.
"Y/n?" He answered, "Um, can I come in?"
"Only if you kiss me." I told him.
It was silent for a minute so I opened the door and was met with his lips crashing against mine. Only, it took me no time at all to realize that they weren't my boyfriend's lips.

"Hey Fred." Was all I managed to say.