First Day of School

Your POV:
I was greeted at the doors of Hogwarts by a man with a long white beard who introduced himself as Professor Dumbledore. He welcomed me as a sixth year student and told me I would need to be sorted into my house, but I could do it after all the first years got their chance so I wasn't grouped up with them. He said he would introduce me to all the students in the Great Hall and then I could take my seat on the stool and be sorted. He told me to wait in the hallway until then. But I had something to do first.

I was planning on having a big entrance. A fun entrance. A spectacular entrance. I wanted everyone to know who I was. I wanted this school to be different than the last. And for that to happen, I needed friends. And I knew just how to get everyone talking about me. A prank. Even if the prank didn't make me any friends, at least people would now know who I am.

I had gotten this idea from one of my classmates in the US. Muggles are the best at harmless pranks. I mean, the prank wasn't all that genius, but it was definitely gonna be fun.

I grabbed my book bag, filled with fireworks and sparklers I had brought with me. I went into the hallway to set them off and throw them into the hall. I was ready to start off my first day with a bang. Literally.

Everything went absolutely mad. I stood at the side door and watched with my arms crossed, laughing at the chaos and admiring the colors. It was quite funny actually, all the professors were cursing and running around, and all the students watched in awe. After a minute of standing and watching, I made eye contact with a certain boy in the crowd. George Weasley. And his brother Fred right next to him. I waved at the twins and ducked out the door, circling around to the main entrance.

I waited there until it was silent again, assuming the explosions had all fizzled out. After about a minute of standing there in silence, I heard Dumbledore begin to introduce me. I waited a second before throwing open the double doors to the hall. Everyone's eyes were on me.
"So sorry Professor," I said, "I nearly got lost on my way over here. This school is like a maze. Oh, and cool light show. I wasn't expecting that."
Just as I said that a tall man in a dark cloak with straight greasy black hair strutted over to where the Weasley twins sat, most likely to blame and scold them for a prank I had pulled.

I took my seat on the stool at the front of the room and waited for something to happen. Just then, an old hat was set on my head.
"Hm..." It began to say to me. "You're an interesting one. You're quite the prankster, maybe that would make you a good Slytherin. But you're kind and quite loyal, so maybe Hufflepuff. Surely not Ravenclaw but I wouldn't count out Gryffindor. You are quite brave. Hm. I see your ambition. You're not the most cunning, but you are driven. And selfish. I don't know if you try to be, but you are. Alright I've made up my mind." It was quiet for a moment before the hat yelled to the whole hall,
"SLYTHERIN!"