a New Student

Your POV:
So George and I weren't together anymore. I had hoped he would come and talk to me after what I said to Fred, but he didn't. He dodged me in the halls and stayed in his dorm after school. I missed my boyfriend, and it had only been two days.

Sure, I didn't see him a lot before we were arguing, but this was so much worse knowing that he was upset with me. Why was he avoiding me? He was the one that got so upset when we needed to be apart before.

I made my way back to my common room after another day of not seeing him when I ran into a boy I hadn't seen before. He was tall, and had dark, messy hair that looked like he just got out of bed, even though it was almost 7pm.
"Um. Hi." I greeted him, "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was walking."
"That's quite alright." He chuckled.
His accent was heavenly. His voice was so deep, and his dark green eyes reflected the sunset in the window as I looked into them. I found myself mesmerized. Not to mention how tall he was. I had to tilt my head up to talk to him or I'd be staring right into his torso. It's not that I was interested or anything, I was still in love with George, but seeing as I was single now, I was at least allowed to look.

"Hello?" He asked me after a minute.
I snapped out of it, "I'm sorry. It's been a long day. I'm Y/n by the way. Y/n L/n. Haven't seen you around before."
He took my hand and shook it, "Matthew Parker. You can call me Matt, though, if you'd like. Nice to meet you Y/n."
"You too, Matt." I smiled, "Where are your robes? I assume you're new considering the fact that we're just now meeting, but shouldn't you at least be assigned a house?"
"Oh, I am. Though, I don't really like being told what to do. So I won't be wearing any robes." He smirked at me, "You don't have any house robes on either, Miss L/n."
"Oh yeah." I looked down at my outfit, "I guess we're kind of similar that way. Careful, though, you can get in a lot of trouble from the professors for not wearing them. I've been in detention a lot for it. And the last thing you want is for your detention to be with Umbridge. She's terrible."
"Thanks for the wisdom." He smiled at me as he leaned against the wall, "You a Ravenclaw, then?"
"Slytherin." I answered, "Although my boyf-"
I stopped myself. If I told him my boyfriend was a Gryffindor it would be a lie. George wasn't my boyfriend anymore. I had to remember that.
"Your boyfriend?" He questioned me.
"Ex. Boyfriend. Is a Gryffindor." I finished.
"I see. Well then do you think your ex-boyfriend would mind you showing me to the Slytherin dorms?" He asked me.
"You're a Slytherin?" I asked him.
"As of today." He answered, "And I'm in the market for a good Slytherin friend."
"Yeah, well so am I." I smiled at him.

As it turned out, Matt was a really funny guy. But he didn't like pranks. I tried to get him to help me prank Filch a couple times but he was never interested. It was a huge bummer, actually. What was the point of having a friend that you couldn't have a good time with? He was a good person and of course it was nice having him around but I missed messing around with the twins all the time. That was way more fun than whatever Matthew wanted to do. Matt didn't like to do much other than fish in the Black Lake. There weren't even any fish he could catch in the lake, and he wasn't muggle born so I didn't know why he enjoyed it so much.

I guess he was a Pureblood, but I had never heard of his last name before. It sounded pretty American, but Matt swore he was born in England. I guess I wouldn't know much about Pureblood families, being a muggle born, but it was still really strange to me how nobody had heard of him or his family before. And it was weird how Draco welcomed him to Hogwarts with such open arms. He didn't do that with anyone. Not even me.

I had to talk to somebody about my suspicions. I thought Matthew was lying about who he is. But I couldn't talk to Draco about it. And who else could I really ask? Who else knew about Pureblood families? Well first of all, who at this school was a Pureblood? I suppose most of the Slytherins were, but I didn't talk to them too much. Adrian was a Pureblood, but he didn't know anything about other Pureblood families. He didn't really care. I knew who I had to ask even if I was avoiding doing it. I had to talk to George. Or I guess I could ask Fred. Or Ron. Maybe even Hermione would know. But no. It had to be George.

George's POV:
I was walking down the hallway when I heard a strange voice, one I had never heard before. And when I had turned the corner, I realized it had belonged to that new Slytherin boy. He made me so angry. Who even was he? Who starts at a new school halfway through the year? Especially at Hogwarts? Everything about him was suspicious, so I wasn't against eavesdropping on his conversation with Draco Malfoy.

"—and I didn't even have to do anything to break them up." He said, "They did that on their own with their stubbornness."
"I know." Draco answered, "I'm worried about her, to be honest. He was all she talked about and now they're done."
"Who cares?" He spat, "Her and Weasley are finished. That's what we wanted."
"You wanted." Draco corrected.
"No. We. Now that Weasley isn't around anymore, our plan has a chance of working. And it will." Matthew finished.

I felt like I was gonna be sick to my stomach. Plan?? What was he talking about? What kind of plan? I had to warn Y/n. Harry had told us about his suspicions of Draco being a Death-eater, and now I was starting to believe it. And I couldn't let them hurt her. I was gonna protect her even if she pushed me away and even if I died trying.