Quidditch Tryouts

Your POV:
When I got to quidditch tryouts, it looked like everyone had already been practicing. I knew how to ride a broom and I played soccer in the US and a bit of quidditch in Ireland, so I didn't have a lot of doubt in myself, but not a lot of confidence either. The Slytherin team was practicing on the pitch and it looked like the Gryffindor team was watching from the stands. Quite a good idea actually, scoping out the future competition.

I made my way over to Marcus Flint, who Adrian had told me was the captain. I introduced myself.
"Hi, I'm Y/n L/n." I told him, "I'd like to try out if that's possible."
"It's not." He said.
"What-" I began to protest.
"Aw come on man why not?" Adrian asked.
"Shut it Pucey, you know we don't take girls." Flint responded.

Hm. I didn't like that. I don't get mad often, but that comment didn't sit right with me. I guess I didn't know if I was good enough or not, but it bothered me that I didn't even get a chance to try. 
"Right." I said, and turned to walk away. I made my way past where the Gryffindor team was sitting when a brown-haired boy with a thick accent stopped me.
"Flint bothering you?" He asked me.
"Yeah, and?" I asked him. I wasn't in the mood to banter right now.
"You're just gonna let him turn you away?" He asked me.
I didn't want to walk away, but he's the captain. If he says I can't try out then what could I really do? I stood there contemplating what to do for a moment and caught the eye of a certain Weasley twin again.
"Huh. You play quidditch too?" I asked him.
"Of course," He told me, "Gryffindor's best beaters, Fred and I." He smiled.

Just then someone grabbed my arm and spun me around.
"Adrian-" I said.
"You're trying out." He told me, "Flint's the captain, but he's not the team. We all have a say in this and I say you deserve a chance."
I smiled and slung my arm over his shoulder as we walked back to the pitch.

Tryouts went amazing. Spectacular, actually. I scored more goals than could be counted on anyone's fingers and left with a smile on my face and a feeling of accomplishment. Adrian seemed proud of me too. After every goal he high-fived me, and after tryouts were done he pulled me into a giant hug. Flint told us he would complete the roster sometime in the next week and let us know. I couldn't wait.

I looked over to the stands to see the Gryffindor team leaving. I ran over and stopped right in front of the boy I talked to before.
"So, do you have a name?" I asked him.
"Wood." He told me, "Oliver Wood, Gryffindor team captain." He offered me his hand to shake and I took it. "Never seen a girl out there practicing with Flint, let alone outshining him." He told me.
"Well, there's a first time for everything." I told him.
"Yeah, I guess so." He smiled and walked past me on his way back to the school.

I started to make my way back too, falling into sync with the twins.
"How's Hogwarts treating you?" They said at the same time.
"Ha. Do you always do that?" I asked them.
"Do what" They said at the same time again.
"That." I laughed.
"Well yeah," Fred said.
"Identical twins." George added.
"Well I've only been here for about a day," I said. "I don't know what to think yet."
"Well you were great out there!" George told me.
"It's true, you're a natural!" Fred added.
"I am at most things, boys." I told them as I came to the entrance of the Slytherin common room and parted ways with them for now.