chapter twenty-nine, ice cream with the in-laws!

joshua:
GUYS, whatever you are planning to do, make sure to hurry, cause Liam is planing on proposing to Harry...tonight.
...
First hour into the trip...

By now, everybody had seen the message...all except the poor old Louis, who was too focused on the road and getting as fast as possible to Pittsburgh (all while staying a safe driver for everybody around him)

Reign and Calum exchanged a look, the two debating on whether or not should they show Louis the text, the man was already stressed as it was, he still had a six hour drive ahead and telling him this right away would ruin it all.

Reign knew her brother very well, if he had heard this, he would've started overthinking things, he would've felt horrible for trying to come in their way and would just turn around, getting himself heartbroken. Louis cared about Harry, he would never try to put his needs before him.

"So we are not telling him?"Calum mouthed to Reign, who nodded her head, mouthing back "It's for the best"

Calum nodded to that, going back to Tommy who was sitting in his lap (since Lilia was in the other car, driving instead of Niall)

Reign took out her phone, texting the road trip chat minus Louis (obViOusLy).

reign:
for now, i think it is best that we stay silent on the given information. louis is already as stressed and nervous as it is. he still doesn't know what he will actually do when he faces harry. it took him a lot of courage to even admit this to himself, let alone get into this car and drive towards him. so please, lets just keep it to ourselves and hope for the best. if things end up getting out of hand, we will tell him. agreed?

zayn:
liam's car agrees
(zayn, liam, ashton)

shawn:
niall's...I mean lilia's car also agrees
(niall, lilia, luke, michael, shawn)

...
two years ago!

"Hey Haz" Link greeted his brother as he entered his room, the curly was laying on his bed, reading a book.

"Oh hey Link, what's up?"Harry asked as he looked up from his book, focusing on his brother in front of him.

"You know how you've seen those posts online speculating on my relationship?" Link spoke, carefully observing how his brother would react with each word he said. The teenage boy was nervous, but why? Harry honestly had no idea where this was going.

"Oh, the ones where they saw you with the mystery girl...yeah I know does, don't worry, I know that they are fake" Harry said, remembering a few articles that he saw in the last three months. By now, he had learned that media always likes to twist their stories and put out whatever can get them a large following and money. He also knew that if anything were to be happening that his brother would come to him and tell him what is going on.

"Actually-" Link awkwardly spoke as he scratched the back of his neck, before a brunette girl around his age walked into Harry's room.

"Harry, I want you to meet somebody...this is Reign, my girlfriend"

"Hi" Reign said as she shyly waved at her boyfriend's older brother. She was a bit nervous to say the least, even though she met the rest of the family by now, she knew how much Link cared about his oldest brother and his opinion. Also to be added, Reign loved his brother's music, so she was also star-struck a bit.

"Oh my...hi, I'm Harry, it is so great to meet you" Harry got off his bed right away, excited to greet his brother's girlfriend. He was shocked to say the least, but his happiness for his brother overruled, very much ready to meet the girl that put a smile on the boy's face.(Harry did notice him smiling into his phone a lot in the last three months)