Chapter 17

"I will never stop trying. Because when you find the one... you never give up." -Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Demelza's POV.

An old man with a white mustache and white hair brushed back elegantly, in a fine black tuxedo opened the door before we could ring the bell.

"Good day to you, Master Kodiak." I stared in amazement at how modernized the interior was, gold statues and linings and antique vases completed the look with a large staircase taking up the whole foyer. Attention went on a old and slim woman who wore a dark blue pencil skirt and blazer with a wonderful pearl jewelry set that adorned her neck and ears and blue high heels. There was nothing that broke the colour. She had her hair in a tight bun with thin,round glasses that hid her emotions way too well and thinly pursed lips in the colour red.

She stopped on the last step,placing her one hand infrontof her and the other extending towards Kodiak.

Hehehe,this almost felt like she thought she was royalty.

Her eyes shifting viciously in my direction made me straighten up my back as she seized me up.

Something about her gave off a bad vibe that just could not shake off.

"Grandmother," Kodiak greeted with a curt nod before grabbing her hand and kissing it. He then directed her towards the lounge.

What? No hug? No kiss on the cheek? Nothing!?

I zoned out completed trying to process the cold relationship between the two before me until she was infront of me and clearing her throat.

"Oh, Umm, hello. I am Demelza." I stuck out my hand to greet, understanding that hugging was out of the question. She stared down and my hand, grimacing and ignoring it.

Well that was awkward.

Kodiak let go of her hand and grabbed my hand, tracing circles on it. If only he knew how much worse him holding my hand made things feel because I could not help but think of those hands on every Part of my body and I was standing right in front of his grandmother. His grandmother stared at the interaction, smirking in distaste.

"Yvette Dominguez," She sat down, crossing her legs and calling the butler before continuing." Hmph, I see my grandson could do what my own son couldn't do. How amusing. "

What did that even mean?

Kodiaks grip on my hand tightened, his jaw clenched as he glared at her.

Just then a man in a well tailored suit came down the stairs, he used a gold rimmed cane to help support him, eyeing me as he made his way to his wife, sitting down.

"Kodiak... Miss Sinclair." He nodded smiling thinly. I smiled, getting an even worse feeling from Kodiak's grandfather. Kodiak and I sat down after Yvette gestured for us to sit.

" Glad to see you after such a long time Kodiak,and a pleasure meeting you Demelza Sinclair." Well he seemed nice! Right? Nope. Who would have thought that both grandparents would hold such animosity.

"So what brings you here, we haven't seen you in over ten years." His grandmother hissed, showing her anger.

"I will get straight to the point. All I want to know about is what do you know about my mother's death-" Kodiak stated in a matter of factly tone only to be cut off mid-way.

"You dare talk about that wench! She is the causes for all of our problems, she is the reason our own son does not even talk to us!"

"Do. Not. Speak. About. My. Mother. Like. That." Kodiak gritted out almost getting up.