Chapter 9

Hiiiiii my awesome and amazing readers!!!! Guess who's back?!? Back again?!? 😂😂❤️I hope everyone is doing well and all❤️. My exams are done and I'm so relieved and I actually enjoyed it but now I'm kind of scared to get my report even though I enjoyed all my papers that I wrote and I'm pretty sure I did well😂😬. So wish me luck when I get my report!!! And I have finally gotten my inspiration to write and well it's about time Kodiak and Demelza have their talk, period. I apologize for taking so long to update.❤️Anyways enjoy the chapter!!!

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how." –Rhett Butler, "Gone With the Wind"

Kodiak's POV.

After meeting up with an old friend from high school, I came back to the hotel a little later than usual and I could not help but hope that Demelza was already in the penthouse suite. I was about to take the elevator when the receptionist came running towards me.

Please don't let this be bad news, I have had enough of it for one day.

"Good evening sir, Miss.Sinclair is already in the penthouse suite!... But Mr. Mariano is very suspicious about her change in rooms." She nervously spoke.

I felt a tinge (more than that) of happiness take over me that I finally got her alone and hopefully this time around she will actually listen to me but if Shane Mariano intervened anywhere in my plan to get her back, he might just make this hard for me but I am not going to let him ruin anything between Demelza and I.

" Thank you. "I gave her a small smile, stepping into the elavator.

One thing was for sure though...

Demelza is one difficult person to talk to.

Demelza's POV.

I ran towards the door not thinking for a second that I did not have the damn key to open it. Damn you technology.

Kodiak grabbed my wrists pushing me against the door, my cheek pressing against the cold door.

"Let go of me or I will–" I spat out.

"Or you will do what Demelza?" His voice deep and rough as he tightened his hold on me, making me grind my teeth together. His breath tickled my ear and I could not help but suck in a breath.

I closed my eyes, trying to push away from him, trying to leave a gap between us so we were not touching, his touch burnt me. He growled under his breath, turning me around in one swift motion, shocking me.

"I-I will start screaming." That's a bitch move Demelza. I felt like kicking myself after saying it.

When I looked up at him, an amused look glinted on his face, a mock frown appearing on his face.

"Be. My. Guest. Go ahead Demelza." He smirked at me, an almost evil look on his face.

Honestly, who was I kidding.

What could I do?

Unless!

I hurt him where it really hurts.

Grab the card!

And get the hell out of here!

My thoughts got interrupted when Kodiak pressed his body harder into mine in an almost painful yet sweet way.

"Oh Dem... You are still so damn easy to  read. Still an open book." He grabbed a lock of my hair, pushing it behind my ear.

"If I let you go, will you try to escape?" He inquired slowly frowning, his eyes meeting mine.