Fourteen

Second class was in session

Second class was in session. Mr. Wakaba was in the room and was currently teaching science. He was his usual self as he continued to ramble on and on about plants. The students were bored as they felt like falling asleep.

Lucy and Erza's expressions were dull. They couldn't bear listening to the man's voice any longer. They were just so tired of him talking about the same thing over and over again. At this point, they just wanted him to close his mouth or just discuss something else.

Just then, there was something that caught everyone's attention. They sat up instantly. Their eyes widened at what had been heard.

"Alright, class. We will be doing a project."

Loud chatters filled the room. Lucy was frozen. A project. This was something she surely did not want. Projects involving partners involved socializing. She barely knew anyone in this room besides Erza.

As a matter of fact, she would totally be comfortable if she ended up being partnered with her friend.

The area became silent again. Mr. Wakaba said nothing for a moment. After a mere second, he spoke.

"I will be nice and let you choose your partners," he'd say. "However, if there are any complications, there will be issues. Understand?"

"Yes!" and "Yes sir!" filled the room. Then, it was time for everyone to choose their partners.

"Oh, and I forgot to tell you all that this assignment is focused on plants."

Loud groans escaped the students' mouths. Of course it just had to be plants. It was like all he talked about.

"Oh, quit complaining. I could give you all a pop quiz instead."

Everyone instantly went quiet when the man said those words. He took their silence as a no.

"Alright, then. Get started. You will all brainstorm first and get to the actual project tomorrow."

The room became noisy again as he said those words. Lucy looked around the room. The girl was in a panic. She wanted to ask Erza to be her partner, but she was too shy to ask. She was trembling. Her lip was quivering.

God, she felt so scared. She was uneasy. She did not know who else to ask besides Erza. Who else could she be with? She was honestly too afraid that she would make a fool out of herself.

Well, I guess this is the end for me..

Just as she was about to give up, she heard a regal voice that made her jump in surprise.

"Hey, Lucy. You want to be partners?" it was Erza.

Lucy felt all happy inside. Her expression was filled with joy. A wide smile made its place. Erza was asking. Erza wanted to be her partner.

"Sure!" said Lucy. She was quite enthusiastic. She actually liked that she was going to have the chance to work with the redhead.

Suddenly, that warm smile was on her friend's face. She hadn't known why, but whenever it appeared, it calmed her. She always felt at ease. So relaxed.

"Alright, I am going to go get us a sheet of paper," Erza said.

"Okay," Lucy said. Her bright grin was still there.

The two girls brainstormed and interacted with each other for the whole period. However, it all had to end when the bell rang. Everyone was now dismissed from class.

Of course, Lucy and Erza walked together. They were going to meet their friends at their usual spot.

Lucy had a blast with Erza. She enjoyed her time with the scarlet. She hadn't had that much fun talking to someone in a long time. Erza enjoyed her time with Lucy as well. She was quite thrilled.

"Well, I say everything went smooth," Erza spoke, having a satisfied look on her face.

"Yeah! I had fun!" Lucy was cheerful. Her cheerfulness caused the scarlet woman to giggle.

"Well, I'm glad," her brown gaze focused on the blonde. They both shared smiles. They were somehow having a little moment together.

Wow.. she's so pretty.. Lucy thought.

Her appearance was appealing. She was so admirable. She was so kind. She was sweet like cake.

Cake? Why was she comparing cake to the girl?

Cake?! Why am I bringing cake into this?! Most importantly, why am I comparing her to a dessert?!

She couldn't help it though. She was just so.. Perfect. She just had a thing for her. She loved her.

After a bit of walking, the females reached their destination. There were their friends gathered around waiting for them.

"Hey, Lu!" Levy exclaimed, greeting the blonde.

"Hey, Levy!" Lucy greeted the bluenette back.

"Hiya, Lupy!" a pinkette boy suddenly blurted out. Lucy's face was blank.

"Lupy? No, it's actually Lucy," she corrected him.

"Haha! Whoops! My bad!" the boy let out a laugh. He rubbed the back of his head.

Lucy could not help it, but a smile slipped. Honestly, he could be such a goofball.

"Natsu, can you actually be mature for once?" Erza would suddenly give him a scolding. Natsu's laughter died down as he turned to meet her eyes.

"Aw, come on, Erza! Loosen up!"

Erza just gave him an annoyed look and just went silent.

"So, how were your classes?" asked a raven haired man. In other words, it was Gray Fullbuster.

"Eh, it wasn't too bad," it wasn't before long when Erza began to talk again. "Aside from Mr. Wakaba discussing plants, we got a project assignment to do."

"A project, eh?"

There was yet another voice. It was rather deep. It was coming from a man named Gajeel Redfox.

"I'm assuming you both paired up," he guessed, giving off a smirk.

Lucy's cheeks instantly went red. Erza rolled her eyes at him.

"What are you smirking like that for?" asked Erza.

"Gihi. I dunno, you two just seem to have a close bond with each other."

It was now the scarlet woman's turn for her cheeks to change color. They were as red as her scarlet locks.

"I-It's n-not like that, you idiot!"

Lucy was shocked when she saw her friend's face. She was flustered. Never had she thought she'd see that side of her.

She could not help but think it was cute.

Wow.. how cute!