One

"Princess, It's time to wake up

"Princess, It's time to wake up."

Lucy let out a groan and sat up from her sleeping position, using two of her hands to rub her eyes. She was still so tired and didn't want to leave her bed. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying she had done last night.

"Princess? Are you awake?" a maiden's voice came from outside the door. Her name was Virgo. She had short, pink hair and she wore a maiden outfit. She had come to wake the teen up for school.

The girl sighed. Today was the day she would be starting school. "Yea, I'm up. Thanks, Virgo."

"My pleasure," the maiden said, walking away from the entrance of her room. Lucy lifted herself from her bed and began to get ready. Having her school uniform in her hands, she made her way to the bathroom to take a shower.

She stripped from her clothes, stepping into the bathroom to turn the water on. When the shower was activated, she could feel the warm water running down her body. Taking a shower would usually calm her nerves, but not this time.

She had her new school on her mind. She was worried about how the people would treat her.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen again...

She began to tremble.

Please... I don't want to go through the same thing...

Tears formed in her eyes. They mixed with the water from the shower. Suddenly, she'd lift up a hand to wipe them away. Even though she was nervous, she did not want to be crying on her first day. She wanted to at least try to make a good first impression.

Don't cry now, Lucy. You need to do this.

Finishing her wash-up, she stepped out and dried herself off with a towel. She would then put on her uniform. She did her hair.

She was now fully ready. She'd make her way down for breakfast. When she arrived, she saw her food on the table. She knew one of the chefs did that for her. She really wouldn't make her own food. The staff of the konzern would do it for her and also her father.

"Ah, good morning, Miss Lucy," a chef would greet the teenager. "Your breakfast is right there. I set it there for you."

"Thank you," the blonde gave a small smile and sat down on the chair. As she was eating her breakfast, the chef would ask her a question.

"Um, would you like to walk to school or would you like someone to drive you?" Lucy was shocked. She was actually given the option if she wanted to be driven or not. Her father Jude Heartfilia would normally force someone to take her.

"Wait... I can walk if I want to?!" this opportunity made the girl's expression beam in happiness, a wider smile on her face.

The chef nodded. "If you want, yes. Mr. Heartfilia was nice enough to let you do whatever you please."

"I'm going to walk," the girl replied to the question. "Oh, and tell my father thanks."

"I will," the chef promised.

After that, the Heartfilia girl began to eat her breakfast.

I pray that my first day will go well...

***

After a little bit of walking, Lucy arrived at school. She was in front of the building. She stared at it in silence. She was uneasy. She couldn't stop shaking. She'd try to ease herself by taking a few deep breaths.

Then, it was time. It was time for her to go in and show herself to everyone.

You can do it, Lucy.. You can do this...

Moving her legs, she made her way inside. She opened the doors and stepped right in. She did it. She was now inside.

Clenching her teeth, she could see lots of people. Their voices blended and echoed through the room. All the crowds made her uncomfortable, but she knew she needed to get through to get her papers.

There was one problem though. She didn't know where the office was, which means she needed to ask someone.

Ugh, no.. I need to interact with people.. She was so nervous that she could run out, but she knew she couldn't do that. She needed to make it through this first day. She needed to get the courage to just ask.

She slowly began to make progress. She took a few steps down. Her head was lowered. She gave herself a hug.

"Um.. excuse me.." she whispered shyly to a group of people who were in her way. They moved. She then passed them.

She looked around for someone to ask. She bit her lip. She was too scared. She trembled. She was lost in her own mind. She started to panic.

I don't know what to do! What should I do?! Who should I-

Suddenly, she was cut off by a hand on her shoulder. She opened her eyes, seeing a scarlet haired female in front of her.

"Excuse me, but are you new?"

Her eyes widened at the sight. Who was she?