Ten

Another day of school had just ended

Another day of school had just ended. The outside was chilly. Erza departed from the school's building as Lucy was right beside her. They were both wearing thin jackets. Erza was relieved that today was over, but on the other hand, Lucy was not.

She would much rather not go back to her place. She would rather stay with her friends, but of course she would not say that to the scarlet's face.

"Ah, yes. Today has finally ended," said Erza as she let out a breath.

"Heh, yeah. I mean, today was pretty exhausting," Lucy responded, struggling to say her sentence. It was a pain for those words to come out of her mouth considering she did not want to return home.

The blonde stared intensely into the redhead's beautiful brown eyes. She could not face away from the woman in front of her. Everything about her was just.. Lovely.

"Well, see you later, Lucy. I have some business to take care of," Erza gave a small wave as she'd head off. Lucy waved back at her.

"See you later!" the Heartfilia would also add a verbal farewell.

Erza was now alone, walking on a sidewalk. The weather really wasn't at its finest. It was quite chilly. The cold breeze hit against her body as she moved her legs. Her long, crimson colored hair levitated. The locks were blowing around everywhere as they moved like the wind.

The redhead shuttered. Damn.. it's cold..

However, on the bright side something caught her eye. The leaves on the trees. They were all colorful. She would focus on the beauty before her.

She couldn't help but smile. It was the time of year again where the leaves would change up. She adored the scenery of the outdoors whenever it was like this.

Wow.. everything is so beautiful.. she thought, her eyes twinkled in admiration.

Her little show had come to an end when she reached her house. The woman needed to rush inside so she could take some money so she could go shopping for her mother. Her mother had informed her that there should be some money waiting on the counter.

Stepping through the entrance, she shut the door behind her. It was only going to be like that for a short moment. She quickly went to go find the cash. When she reached the kitchen, she could see that it was laying there just like her mother said.

The girl made her way over and snatched the cash.

Shortly after she had reached her goal, she heard her phone go 'ding'. It was the same sound as before.

The woman pulled her phone out from her pocket, doing a quick check. She saw that it was another text from her mother.

 💖Mother 💖

Mother: Did you find the money?

A small smile was shown on Erza's expression. She typed out a reply and sent it to her mother.

Erza: Yeah, I did. 😊

The redheaded woman could not help but chuckle at herself. She always thought of herself as 'too cheesy' whenever she'd add an emoji.

Silly me. Why did I feel like adding an emoji?

It wasn't before long she got a response from her mother. When she checked her phone a second time, she saw the same message she did earlier, except that it was extended a little bit.

Mother: I love you so much. 😘

Those same exact words. The woman's eyes began to get all sting-y. The waterworks were coming back. She had the feeling to cry again, but refused to as she wanted to keep her tears at bay.

Damn it, mother. You're going to make me cry again and that would be the second time today.

She gave herself a moment to wipe the drops away from her brown orbs. She wanted to give herself a moment to breathe and steady herself.

As soon as she felt more at ease, she departed from her house.

***

Erza was currently inside the supermarket, focused on getting the things her mother needed. The scarlet was minding her own business, placing the items she had grabbed into the cart. Once again, she slipped out her device to check the list.

Everything did seem to be going fine, until she heard a voice. She lost her concentration.

"Erza?"

Her name had been called. When she saw the person who said her name, her eyes widened. She was frozen in place. A man with blue hair with a red tattoo on the side of her face was standing in front of her.

"J-Jellal..?"