six

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"WHOA, YOU WEREN'T KIDDING ABOUT YOUR FRIEND."

Julie jumped when she heard a voice on her left side and turned to see Charlotte and the boys. They had spent most of last night teaching Julie a song for her to sing to get back into the music program. Though, after saying goodbye that morning when she left for school, she wasn't expecting to see them until she went home.

"What are you doing here?" Julie stepped away from Flynn, who didn't even notice the ghosts, to question them.

"We wanna see you stick it to the man," Luke grinned from where he had popped his head over Charlotte's and looked between his best friends. "Isn't that right, guys?"

Reggie answered, his eyes going wide as he stared towards the show taking place in the middle of the gymnasium floor. "Man, I miss high school."

Charlotte scoffed when she saw her brother and Luke ogling five colorful girls, who were covered in glitter while they danced along to a pop song. Spotlights followed their every move, students and teachers cheering them on.

"You two are so predictable," she stated, causing Luke to immediately break his gaze and look back at her. However, she only focused on Julie. "That's your friend, right?"

"Yeah, that's Carrie," Julie sighed when she saw Charlotte point to the main performer dressed top to bottom in pink, who clearly loved being the center of attention as her friends dance around her. "But I wouldn't exactly call her a friend...not anymore, anyways."

Charlotte opened her mouth to reply, confused, but couldn't as Luke practically knocked her over. His hand shot out, gripping onto her elbow and steadying her upright. "I'm sorry, Lottie," he rushed out and quickly shot a glare at Alex. "Some people can't tell when not to dance."

The drummer pursed his lips, a blush rising on his cheeks. He just couldn't have helped himself; the dance moves displayed looked fun and the song held a great beat. His feet started moving before he even realized it, his hand bumping into Luke, who then stumbled into Charlotte.

"It's a very catchy song, Lex, no one can blame you for grooving," Charlotte told him with a smile, to which he returned. However, when they looked back at Julie and saw her raise an eyebrow, Charlotte coughed. "I mean...song? What song? I don't hear anything."

Charlotte made a face when Julie just stared at her and Luke leaned over. "Nice save," he whispered, and she nudged him in the side. He only chuckled.

"Thank you!" Carrie's voice speaking into a microphone caught their attention, and everyone turned, Charlotte letting out a sigh of relief. Carrie charmingly smiled at the audience and waved her painted nails. "Make sure to check out my new Youtube video! And go Bobcats!"

Then, she walked off with her friends, all of them dramatically swaying their hips as students cheered.

"Great," Charlotte muttered to Luke, who moved his hand on her back and slightly leaned down to hear her better. "Another Brittany Spears."

Luke furrowed his brows. "Who's Brittany Spears?"

"She became famous after we died," Charlotte informed him, keeping her eyes on the gym floor where Principal Lessa and Julie's music teacher, Mrs. Harrison, now stood. "Julie showed me some videos. Remember when we used to watch the Mickey Mouse Club in my living room? She used to be on it. Apparently, that show made a lot of people famous."