eleven

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

"WE'RE PLAYING A SCHOOL DANCE?"

Reggie and Luke questioned Charlotte at the same time. Her twin wore a cheesy grin in his leather jacket as he held Flynn's flyer excitedly in his hands.

Luke held more surprised suspicion while he leaned his elbows on the piano beside Reggie. Subconsciously he twisted and adjusted the rings on his fingers. His eyes followed Charlotte, who watered Julie's plants as she did every morning.

She cracked a grin from the boys' responses. "Wow, you guys replied in the exact way I figured you would."

"Well, it's not exactly the strip," Luke pointed out, his nose scrunched.

"And we're not exactly alive," Reggie retorted, "so maybe you should be happy we have our first gig."

"Julie and I weren't in love with the idea at first either," Charlotte admitted. She lifted to her tiptoes to reach the plants in the back, closest to the windows. "But Flynn told us that it could be a great way for us to build a following."

Luke sighed but chose to stay quiet and left the piano to join Charlotte's side. His hand covered hers as he took the watering can to care for the succulents she couldn't reach. Charlotte shot him a grateful smile.

Reggie agreed, "Oh, Flynn is totally right. We need to play wherever we can, whenever we can."

Luke set the watering can down before looking between the expectant, puppy-eyed twins. He groaned. "Ugh, fine, I'll do it."

Reggie beamed while Charlotte triumphantly crossed her arms. "Once again our pouts bring victory," she told her brother, making Luke roll his eyes. "Nice job, Reg."

The bassist playfully bowed and used a posh accent to reply. "Why, thank you, Char, and to you as well."

Luke held up a finger when Charlotte opened her mouth. "Say anything with your British voice and I quit."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," Charlotte nudged his side. Her words slurred together to make Reggie laugh. "I think my accent is quite, well, brilliant like Reginald's."

Luke deadpanned, "You sound like a horrible Queen Elizabeth impersonator."

Charlotte grinned. "Oh, come on, lad," she dragged out as she poked his side. "Don't get your knickers in a twist."

Luke swatted her hand away, but she refused to give up— aware of the smile threatening to break through as he forcefully pressed his lips together. Reggie watched in amusement as Luke then jerked around to face the girl. It sent her sprinting across the studio.

"Reginald, it seems Mr. Patterson may need some tea!" Charlotte shouted over her shoulder as she dodged Luke's attempts to catch her. "He's acting quite rash!"

"I'm acting reasonable," Luke shot back when they stood with only a chair between them. Charlotte just stuck her tongue out at him.

Reggie let out a breath from where he had remained and shook his head. "Alex picked a good day to hang with Willie." "Aha!"

Charlotte squealed as Luke snatched her from behind, her feet kicking in the air. His arms wrapped tightly around her waist to keep her from fidgeting as he walked back to the piano.

"Put me down, you wanker!" Charlotte wrestled in his grip, Luke closing his eyes from her hair whipping him in the face.

"If you agree to never do your British accent ever again, I'll play the school dance and put you down," Luke stated.