fifteen

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

ALEX AND REGGIE FOUND JULIE IN HER LIVING ROOM.

She sat on the couch, her eyes glaring into the book in her lap. Her school bag rested against the coffee table, which held a few framed photos of her family and an open notebook. When the boys flashed in, she didn't even spare them a glance.

"Hey, uh," Alex cleared his throat. "You got a second?"

Julie sighed but didn't answer. Instead, she lifted her legs onto the cushion, leaning her body as she continued to read. Alex frowned.

"Oh my gosh," Reggie widened his eyes. "She can't see us anymore!"

Alex stared at him for a moment. Then he shook his head and took a step towards Julie. He sat on the edge of the couch, watching her flip through different pages and adjusting the glasses on her nose.

He also wished Charlotte was there and could lead the discussion instead of him. Because of her past, the girl hated arguing. This meant she learned how to diffuse situations before they got out of control. Well, most of the time.

Charlotte would know what to say to Julie about Luke. After all, she was the closest one to him. Reggie and Alex knew almost everything about the electric guitar player, but he hated letting his emotions get the best of him. That's why he wrote music. Everything he felt, he always poured into songs. And since Charlotte wrote them with him, she understood Luke on an entirely different level.

"Julie, please," Alex begged.

Julie finally met his eye, but her voice was cold. "I already told you that I'm done with the band."

"Yeah, we know," Alex muttered as he pushed his hair out of his eyes. "But before you decide that forever, we just...we wanted you to know that Luke isn't as selfish as you think."

"Yeah," Reggie nodded and spoke quietly. "You've got him all wrong."

Julie scoffed.

Reggie and Alex exchanged glances. Charlotte told them to get Julie to listen but also warned them to not go into more detail than needed. But with the singer being as stubborn as she sat on the couch, Alex knew what Julie needed to hear.

"You remember that song "Emily"?" he asked.

Julie looked at him, confused, but nodded her head.

"Can we at least show you who that's actually about?"

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

Charlotte walked up the paved driveway slowly. When she first arrived, she had flashed next to the big oak tree and expected Luke to be sitting underneath it.

Ever since the time she opened up about her mom, Luke started coming back to his old home quite a lot. But he never went inside, at least when she would check on him. He managed to walk up to the back porch once, finally laying eyes on his parents. After their fight with Julie, she figured he would come back-- even to just sit and watch them. Especially since it was his birthday.

But Luke wasn't anywhere to be seen.

Charlotte frowned, not believing her eyes as she scanned the yard. In her heart, she knew Luke had to be there. Her gaze fell back on the house and she gulped.