Chapter 1

Tay's POV

"Trish, any more files that needs to be looked over?" I beeped over the intercom to my secretary as I sign the last of the documents I have just finished reading and that has been pending for my approval.

"That's all there is Sir. No more." she replies.

I look at my watch and see that it was already 9:15pm. I forgot to eat my lunch earlier and now looking at the time, would probably skip dinner, same as yesterday and the day before. I'm so dead tired already so I might just go straight to sleep once I get home. My neck and back has been aching since yesterday from all the work I've been doing but all I can do is crack my neck and shake my hands to relieve it from hurting, soldier on in spite of the pain and hunger and finish all these in time.

My secretary comes in to take the stack of paperwork on my desk.

"Is there anything you need Sir?" she asks.

"Nope. I think that's it. Oh! Any update on my schedule for this weekend?"

"I have done as you requested Sir. There were no work engagements penciled in for this weekend and all meetings scheduled were pushed back for a later date next week. You are free this weekend" she answers as she double checks with her planner.

I smile and sigh a relief as it has been a long while since I had some free time and God knows I need it terribly.

"Thanks Trish you're truly an angel. Sorry for the overtime again. I just wanted to finish all this so that-"

"That there'd be no distraction in your weekend away? The big worrywart that you are won't get to relax at all if you knew that there's unfinished work here for you." she chuckles.

"That's my girl. What would I do without you?" I moan as I fake cry and reach a hand towards her. She just laughs at my antics and proceeds to take away the files on my desk.

"Enjoy your weekend Sir! You deserve it." she says as she bids me farewell.

As I stretch my hands to relieve the soreness in them, a sense of accomplishment rushes in for a day well spent. Work has been hounding me nonstop these past couple of weeks and I can't seem to catch a break. It hasn't been long since I was appointed in my position as Management Head so the transition period has left me with a mountain of things to do. I've been overwhelmed with the amount of work that needs to be handled that I haven't really had a proper day-off. Even on the weekends, I'm elbow-deep in paperwork or whisked away to some meeting or work function that I haven't had any time to myself.

As I was heading for my door, ready to go home, my phone suddenly rings. I check who it is and a smile automatically forms on my face. Mild. Just seeing her name flashing on my phone's screen and I can't help smiling.

"Nice of you to finally pick up Mr. Tawan. I've been calling all day. I was starting to think you lost your phone or something." she says as I pick up her call.