Chapter 4

Tay's POV

A few hours later, I woke up by the shore alone, the rays of the sun barely over the horizon signifying another day ahead. I wince as I feel the soreness of my body from falling asleep out here in the cold last night. My head hurt, my throat dry from of all the screaming I did, and there were bits of sand everywhere on my clothes. I shake it off as I stood up and began dragging my tired self back to the house.

It was quiet when I got back. It seems as if everyone was still asleep, exhausted from yesterday's activities. I went to the kitchen to grab something to drink but notice that someone was already there, seated by the table. He turned around when he felt my presence. "Good morning pal. It's a miracle you're up this early." Off mused as I walked in.

"Good morning to you too. Had a good night's sleep?" I scoffed back.

"Nah. Couldn't sleep at all. There's still some coffee in the pot if you want some."  he offered, sipping his own cup of warm coffee.

I grabbed myself a mug and poured some in. I sat at the table opposite Off with my steaming hot coffee in hand. "So are you gonna tell me what it is that happened between you and Gun, or is he just gonna snap every time you're around and make everyone uncomfortable?" I ask him with a raise brow, sipping the coffee and letting it warm me up. 

I knew I hit a nerve because Off got completely silent, his cup mid-air as he looked at me, caught off-guard by my sudden question. He set his cup down and cleared his throat. "Yeah, my bad. I didn't think he'd still be mad. I mean it has been awhile since it happened."

"So? What happened? What did you fight about now?"

Off scratches the back of his neck as he started telling the story. "Remember Ssing's party? The one he threw about 2 months ago?" I just nodded, signaling for him to continue. "You guys left first, right? And it was just me and Gun. Well, I drank one too many drinks that night and got so wasted I might not have been aware of what I was doing at the time. Long story short, I might've punched one of his co-actors for his next project." 

"You what?!?" I exclaimed. 

"I know. I wasn't thinking right. I didn't even know that Gun knew him. I mean I might've thought he was up to no good, talking to Gun that close. I was just trying to, I don't know, save him in case the guy was planning to take advantage of him. Remember the last time some guy groped him and almost did something to him? I didn't want it to happen to him again and so I punched him." he said defensively.

"But you don't just punch someone like that, Off! I mean you said it yourself that they were just talking. You could've--"

"I was drunk! I couldn't help myself. You think I'd do that if I was sober? Anyways, I couldn't remember much after that and the next day, I woke up in one of the Ssing's guest rooms with a blown up lip and bruised knuckles. Ssing filled me in on what happened." He was hunched over, hiding his face in his hands, clearly mortified at recalling what happened. "I tried to call him to apologize but all he did was sent me this text saying 'Go to hell, Jumpol' and after that, nothing. Later I found out that the production for his next project was rescheduled because one of the actors needed some time off or something. I swear I didn't mean for that to happen, Tay."

It explained the venom in Gun's words whenever Off was mentioned or when Off said something.  I stood up to sit next to him, patting his shoulder.