Chapter 2

Tay's POV

I wake up to someone insistently calling my phone. I check the time and it was just about quarter to 7am, clearly too early to be woken up like this. I hang up a few times but they still kept on calling so I rub the sleep off my face and groggily answered the call. "What?"

"I knew you were still sleeping. How many times do I need to call for you to pick up?" He sighs. "I'm wasting my breath. Anyways, you need to get up and get ready otherwise we'll be late." It was Gun. Why is he calling me so early?

"Gun its like 7 o'clock in the morning. I wasn't planning on waking up 'til like 9am or something. It's too damn early" I bit out irritably, annoyed at having been woken up even before my alarm went off.

He heaves another sigh on the other line, unfazed by my tone. "I know you Tawan. You take about 30 minutes after your alarm rings off to finally get up from your bed and then another hour and a half to prepare your stuff ,which I can sure bet as hell you didn't even do last night. Then there's the 4 or 5 hour long drive and by the time we get there, it'll have been  way past lunch time. So I need you to get your ass up or we'll get there late."  he reasons.

"BUT I DON'T CARE IF I'M LATE!" I reply a bit too loudly. "Listen. I had a hard week and a late night last night. I need me some sleep Gun or else, I might murder someone. So I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna do, okay? I'm gonna hang up, get those last 2 hours of sleep and then the rest will follow. Sounds good?" 

"You and your lazy ass. Get up! We need to get going and--"

"Why do you keep saying 'we'? We're not even gonna go there together. Weren't you supposed to go with--"

"Be very careful with the next words that come out of your mouth Tawan or I might  just be the one to end you instead" he hisses at me. I gulp, suddenly feeling nervous by his icy tone. I rub a hand over my face. "If you even think that I want to be anywhere near that weasel right now, I swear to God you don't even--" 

"Up. I'm up. Thanks for waking me up early, Gunnie. You're so very kind. I'm gonna go take a bath now. Give me an hour to fix my shit and then I'll come pick you up. Okay?" I try to pacify him.

"Fine. Hurry up, okay?" 

"Yeah sure. See you." I say and he cuts the call. I sigh, stretch my arms out and get up. If there's one thing as scary as anything is getting Gun angry. I don't EVER want a repeat of last time's unfortunate events so I hurry and start getting ready. I tried to pack light since I would be going back by Sunday afternoon anyway while the rest are going to stay until Monday. Before I zip up my bag, I make sure that I have Mild's gift inside and then I set off to pick up Gun at his place.

By the time I got there, he was already outside, waiting for me, his bags beside him. He was busy doing something on his phone, oblivious to my arrival. I stop just in front of him and honked my car, catching him by surprise. He curses at me and then asks me to open the trunk for his stuff. I went out of my car with a laugh at getting my revenge and helped him put his things in order, got inside, and then we went off.