Chapter 12

Thorin

I reached down and gently picked the key up. I looked at the key, then at Silena. She looked relieved. In the moonlight, her eyes seemed to glow blue. Her brown hair ruffled around her shoulders, and her skin was a beautiful pale white. She smiled at me. We hadn't failed. I smiled back at her. I walked over to the keyhole and placed the key inside. I slowly turned it. I heard things clinking around from inside the wall. I placed my hands against the wall and pushed. The stone moved apart and opened, just like a door. It was a long, dark passage. I turned towards Silena. She looked at me. I held out my hand. She took it, not once looking away from me. We walked forward into the passage.

"Erebor," I said. My voice echoed against the walls.

"Thorin," She said quietly. Her eyes wandered around the passage, taking all of it in.

"I know these walls," I said. "These halls. This stone. Do you remember it Balin?"

"I do," His voice said, wavering.

"Chambers filled with golden light," I said.

"I remember," Balin said. The other dwarves followed us in.

"Here lies the seventh kingdom of Durin's folk." Gloin said. "May the heart of the mountain unite all dwarves in the defense of this home."

"The thrones of the king," Balin said to Bilbo, who was looking at the picture that was carved on the wall.

"And what's that above it?" Bilbo asked.

"The Arkenstone." Balin said.

"The Arkenstone," Bilbo repeated. "And what's that?"

"That, Master Burglar," I said to him. "Is why you are here."

Silena

Balin came out of the mountain. The dwarves and I were sitting outside the mountain, by the no longer hidden door.

"Did you him?" I asked Balin. He nodded.

"He's looking right now," Balin said.

"Good." I said nodding my head. Now all we needed to do was wait for Bilbo to find the Arkenstone, and possible not get killed.

I sat on the ground, running my fingers along the stone surface, when I felt the ground shake beneath me. I sat up quickly and looked around. The dwarves did the same.

"Was that an earthquake?" Dori asked. I knew what it was. My fears had become reality.

"No," I said coldly. "That was a dragon."

~~~~~

"What about Bilbo?" Ori asked looking down the passageway.

"Give him more time," Thorin said.

"Time to do what, get killed?" I asked angrily. Thorin turned to me.

"You're afraid." He said.

"Yes, I'm afraid." I said. "I fear for you. A sickness lies upon that treasure, a sickness that drove your grandfather mad."

"I am not my grandfather," Thorin said looking out to the lake.

"Well you're not yourself." I said again, but only stronger. "The Thorin I know would not hesitate to go in..."

"I will not risk this quest for the life of one... burglar." He said bitterly. It also felt as thought someone had slapped me across the face.

"Bilbo." I said. "His name Bilbo."

Legolas

I jumped through the hole in the roof into the small house. There were about 4 orcs, and Tauriel was already fighting some. I grabbed my blades and helped kill the rest of them. Except one. He ran out the door and into the town, others following him.

"You killed them all," A young boy said standing up from behind a table.

"There are others." I said as I headed to the door. "Tauriel, come." I looked back behind me. She was standing over 3 dwarves. One of them was on the ground. The one that she had talked to in the cell.

"We're losing him," One of them said. Tauriel looked up at me. I sighed.

"Carry on." I said. Then I walked out the door. I raced over the boats and dock, racing after the orcs, and shooting some down. 

**************************************************************

Hey Guys! Happy New Year!! Hopefully 2021 is better then 2020. I will be updating every Friday! Thank you so much for reading!!