Chapter 3

Legolas

"Do not think I would not kill you dwarf," I said bitterly to the dwarf I had my arrow in front of. "It would be my pleasure. Search them!" The Guard immediately started searching the dwarves. I started searching a red haired and bearded dwarf. I pulled out some sort of metal book.

"Give that back, that's private!" He growled at me. I opened it up. There was a picture of two creatures.

"What is this?" I asked. "You're brother?"

"That is my wife!" He snapped. I looked at the other picture.

"And what horrid creature is this?" I said. "A goblin mutant."

"That's my wee lad, Gimli." He said. I raised my eyebrow.

"Dothul ungol bine?" I asked Tauriel. (Are the spiders dead?).

"Elngo nei gong el gulgo nere." She said. (Yes, but more will come.) I looked at her confused.

"Eln dia na," She said. (They're growing bolder).

"Legolas," said a voice from behind me. I turned around and one of the guards was holding a blade. He handed it to me.

"Ev en ei henle gondu le." I said. (This is an ancient Elvish Blade). "Mangana ne ven la." (Forged by my kin.) I turned to the dwarf that was in the front. "Where did you get this?"

"It was given to me," he said. I put the tip of the sword by his throat.

"Not just a thief, but a liar as well." I said. "Elwenuhin!" I shouted. The rest of the guard started to march the dwarves to the jails about a mile away.

"Legolas," another voice said behind me. It was the same guard who had found the sword. He was holding something else in his hands. It was a black quiver and bow. He handed it to me. I looked at it thoroughly. It had silver in it. My heart started beating faster. It felt like I couldn't breath.

"Where did you find this?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"We found it a few leagues away from here," He said. I nodded at him to keep walking with the dwarves. He made a small bow and followed the rest of the guard. I looked up into the trees, expecting to see something. But I didn't. I looked at the quiver one more time. A small tear escaped my eye, but I quickly brushed it away. The quiver and bow looked like the ones Silena had. Maybe, just maybe they were hers. But I didn't know. In the morning I would check. I knew that there was no hope of finding her, but I needed to make sure. With that, I quickly turned around and followed the guards. We walked for about thirty minutes until we finally arrived at the entrance to the Halls of Mirkwood. The dwarves were marched in.

"Voluine hen noon," I took the guards. (Close the gates.) Before I walked through the gate I stopped and turned around. Part of me was expecting my sister to be standing there. But to my disappointment, she wasn't. Then I turned back around and walked through the gates. The doors closed behind me with a bang.

Silena

I watched as my brother held my quiver in his hands. I felt myself trembling. I wanted badly to go down there and tell him that I was here. But I couldn't. I have to finish the quest. And I couldn't go back for the pain I caused. I saw him look up at me. I tried hard to fight back tears. His hair was still the light blonde hair. I think it might have grown a bit. His blue eyes showed out brightly. I might have even seen a tear escape his eye. But he quickly wiped it away. Then he went to follow the rest of the guards. I followed him silently from the tops of the trees. We finally reached the gate. I heard him tell the guards to close the gates. Before he went inside, he turned around and faced outwards. I knew that he was wondering if I was there. But he turned back around and the gate closed behind him. I sat there in the tree for a moment, wondering what to do. Then it came to me. Thorin, being the leader, would probably go to see the king, whereas the other dwarves would go to the jails. I would wait for about 10 minutes, then knock on the gates. The guards would most likely open the door. I would surrender my weapons and ask them to speak with their king about urgent matters. When I would get to the king, I would say that the dwarves were with me, The Rider in Black. And when we got lost and spiders attacked us, I got separated from the group. Hopefully he would let them go. I didn't know what else to do. But it had to work. Because I didn't know what I would do if it didn't.

Thorin

"Some may imagine that a noble quest is at hand," King Thranduil said to me. "A quest to reclaim a homeland, and slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more present ligament. Attempted burglary. Or something of that ill. You have found a way in. You would seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule. The king's jewel. The Arkenstone. It is precious to you beyond measure. I understand that. There are gems in that mountain which I too desire. White gems, of pure starlight. I offer you my help."

"I am listening," I said.

"I will let you go," he said sternly. "If you but return what is mine." I turned around and started pacing.

"A favor for a favor," I said.

"You have my word," he said. "One king to another." I stopped.

"I would not trust Thranduil," I said. "A great king to honor his word, should all days be upon us!" I turned and faced him. "You, lack all honor! I have seen how you treat your friends. We came to you once, starving, homeless, seeking your help. But you turned your back. You turned away from the suffering of my people. In the infernal that destroyed us. That laid our blood on soil...."

"Do not speak to me of dragon fire," he hissed. "I know it's wrath and ruin." Suddenly he made a face, as if he were in pain. Suddenly, a long scar appeared on the side of his face. "I too have faced the great serpents of the north." He backed up away from me, the scar disappearing. "I warned your grandfather of what his greed would summon. But he would not listen." He walked up the stairs to his throne. "You are just like him," He waved his hand to the guards. They came up and grabbed my arms.

"Stop!" I heard a voice shout from behind me. I looked over my shoulder. I knew that voice. It was Silena. She had her hood and mask up, walking fast towards us. A guard rushed up from behind her. But before he could grab her, she made a quick motion with he fist, knocking him to the ground. I saw Thranduil turn to look, surprised.

"Rider in Black," he said surprised. He walked back down to her.

"King Thranduil," she said. "These dwarves have done nothing wrong. I was with them. We were only trying to get to Silver Hills. But we got lost and were attacked by spiders. Please let them go. I will give you a payment in return when I come back this way." I admired her courage. I looked back at Thranduil. He still looked surprised, but something else was there. Sadness, recognition?

"I know your voice," he said quietly as he walked to her. When he said this, Silena stopped in her tracks. By the look in her eyes, I knew something was wrong. 'A shadow of a past lies in these woods. Silena must not be led astray.' Gandalf's words echoed in my head. The guards had loosened their grip on my arms. But some part of me didn't move. I couldn't. I wanted to see what happened. Thranduil walked right up to Silena. He held his hands out in front of her face. I knew he was going to take her hood and mask off. Slowly he pulled them off. And she didn't try to stop him. Two thoughts sped through my mind at the same time. First, she was beautiful. Thin lips, pale skin, beautiful. Second, she had points at the tops of her ears. She was an elf. I saw tears come to Thranduil's eyes.

"Silena," he whispered. A second after he said this, he embraced her. She slowly put her arms around him.

"Hello ada," she said.