Chapter 10

Thorin

"You do know we're one short," Bilbo said.

"Where's Bofur?" Silena asked.

"If he's not here, we leave him behind." I said.

"We'll have to find the door before nightfall." Balin said. "We can risk no more delays." I stood next to the dock as Silena, Bilbo, and the dwarves got in. Then I saw Kili, his face was pale and he didn't look so good. I put my hand out in front of him.

"Not you," I said. "We must travel with speed, you will slow us down."

"What are you talking about, I'm coming with you." He said, thinking it was a joke.

"No," I said again. Kili's face fell.

"I'm going to be there when that door is opened." He said. "When we first look upon the halls of our fathers Thorin..."

"Kili," I said, interrupting him. I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Stay here. Rest. Join us when you're healed." I walked back over to the boat.

"I'll stay with the lad," Bifur said as he walked towards Kili.

"Uncle," Fili said. "We grew up on tales of the mountain, ones you told us. You can not take that away from him."

"Fili.." I started to say.

"I will carry him if I must!" Fili said.

"One day you will be king and you will understand." I said. "I cannot forsake the fate of this quest over one dwarf. Not even my own kin." Fili stood there for a moment, but then got out of the boat. I put my hand in front of him.

"Fili don't be a fool," I said. "You belong with the company."

"I belong with my brother." He said. I sighed and put my hand down. Fili walked back over to Bifur and Kili. I looked over at Silena. She must have heard the whole conversation, because she lowered her gaze when I looked at her. I knew that part that bothered her. 'You belong with the company' and 'I belong with my brother'. I knew that it hurt her because she left her brother to join the company. Suddenly, loud,(horrible) music started playing. I looked up and saw the master walking up to a podium.

"Gather round, gather round!" He said. "On this day, we celebrate the company! May they bring fortune to all!" As everyone started cheering I got in the boat next to Silena. A few of the dwarves grabbed the oars and started rowing. We all smiled and waved as we passed. All but Silena. She sat there looking down at her feet. I knew something was wrong, and I should have asked her, but instead I didn't say anything.

Silena

We gilded across the lake towards the mountain. Thorin was standing up, looking at the mountain. He looked magnificent. But that wasn't what I was thinking about. Kili. There was something wrong with him. I couldn't quite place it, but I knew it in my heart. And I felt it. Not death, he wasn't dying. At least not yet. I sighed. I could just be wrong though. This journey had worn us all. It was probably that I was just nervous for what lay ahead.

We hiked across the rocky terrain, up the mountain. Thorin led the way with me following behind. After what seemed like hours, we finally reached the overlook. Thorin ran ahead to take a look. I followed close behind. What I saw, stunned me. I had heard the stories of dragon fire and Dale, but this, this was unspeakable. The once beautiful town was gray and burned. Many buildings had collapsed. As I looked at it, my stomach started to churn. Then I felt it. The ghost of death. It wasn't painful, but it was like a cold hand running down my back. I winced, but none of the dwarves seemed to notice. Except Thorin. I felt his hand slip into mine.

"What is this place?" Bilbo asked.

"It was once the city of Dale," Balin said. "But now it is a ruin."

"The Desolation of Smaug." I said bitterly.

"The sun will soon reach midday." Thorin said. "We must find the hidden door into the mountain before it sets. This way." He let go of my hand and started walking down the path.

"Wait," Bilbo said. Thorin stopped.

"Is this the overlook?" Bilbo asked. "Gandalf said to meet him here on no account or..."

"Do you see him?" Thorin asked. "We have no time to wait upon the wizard. We're on our own, come." Thorin and the dwarves continued walking. I turned to Bilbo.

"Don't worry." I said. "Everything will work out fine." Bilbo sighed. "I hope so," He said. With that, we followed the rest of the dwarves up the mountain. 

************************************************************

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long. Update, I will be posting every Friday, so that's new. I also have new story ideas. I have an IT book that already has one chapter. I'm going to be making a Game of Thrones, X-men, Avengers, and Walking Dead. Most of these probably won't be coming out for a while, but I can promise they will come out in 2021 maybe fall or sometime around then. It all depends on my schedule. Make sure to vote also, and maybe even follow me so that you can get updated whenever I post a new story/chapter. That you guys to much for reading my story! Also I would appreciate it if you would comment, I do love feedback. 

Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays!!! (yes, I'm doing this on purpose just to mess with you guys)