Reunited At Last

Once-lers POV-

Its been a few years since I last saw (y/n) but I've thought about her everyday. I remembered everything from our first and only interaction that day, many months ago.

She's haunted my life. Theres no where I could go to escape the thoughts. The feelings. The longing for her.

"(Y/n) okay?! My name's (y/n)."

Her words ringing in my head every second of every day.

Well on the bright side, my business really took off. I was rich! Girls threw themselves at me everyday but I just ignored them. I wanted (Y/n).

This may seem like im obsessed... And well... Thats because I am. Nobody seemed to understand that though. I wanted her. I NEEDED her.

But aside from my constant thoughts about (y/n), I did have a business to run.

And it turns out that today, I had a possible future secretary to interview.

They had applied for this position a few weeks prior. The Thneed put most fashion companies out of business, therefore fireing many workers. Most of them came to me to find work. No big deal.

I knew that this person was very skilled in the fashion industry and money managing but other then that, I was clueless. Thats usually how I like to interviews to go though. Its more interesting that way. Anyone could walk through that door. And I mean ANYONE.

They were scheduled to show up at 1:00 SHARP. It was 12:56 at the moment.

I quickly straightened up my desk and leaned back in my chair. I put my feet up on the desk and waited.

5 minutes passed and it was 1:01. I rolled my eyes as I was getting inpatient. This wouldnt make for a good secretary.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door and without looking up I replied "Come in".

I heard the door open slightly. "H-" was all the person managed to say before I cut them off. "You're late!"

"I know sir... Im sorry... It just took a few minutes to find your office."

Wait... WAIT! I KNEW THAT VOICE! I quickly looked up with a stone expression.

It couldnt be. But it was. It was (y/n)! In MY office. Signing up to be MY secretary! Calling ME sir!

I was ecstatic but owning a business for so long I know how to compress my emotions.

Her beautiful (e/c) eyes wondered around the room nervously. Trying to look anywhere but at me. It was amusing. I'd wondered if she remembered me. Ha. Who am I kidding, of course she did.

I simply smirked and motioned to the chair in front of my desk. I smoothly said "have a seat, my dear."

She shut the door behind her and sat down. My gaze never left her eyes, yet her eyes never returned the favor.

She shifted in her seat awkwardly as if she was anxious. "Calm down darling. Its just an interview." I smirked.

"I know... Its just.. I really need this job. Ive been out of work for so long and I can barely pay my bills. Ive tried everything." She said meekly.

"So this is your last resort?" I asked, in a daring tone.

"No!" She said all too quickly. I just chuckled. "I mean... Yeah." She sighed.

"Sounds like you're very dependent on me." I stated.

She just laughed nervously and nodded.

"Well, lets start with your name." I said calmly. Though I already knew her name, this WAS an interview for a position at my company.

"(Y/n) (y/l/n)" She replied.

I smiled to myself. This was much easier than the last time I asked for her name. I liked having this power.

"Why should I hire you Miss (y/l/n)?"

"I was the secretary for Greens Fashion Co. before it was shut down so I know what this job requires. I um, I work really well with others and I-" I cut her off.

"And you have a great eye for fashion." I smiled.

"I think we both know why you're here (y/n). You remember me... Dont you? You remember that day in the center of town, correct?" I said as my volume decreased gradually. I slowly took my feet off my desk and leaned my elbows on it instead.

I continued staring at (y/n), not breaking my focus. "Its so nice to be reunited with my first costumer." I chuckled. "I told you I'd see you later." I smirked.

She looked in my eyes for the first time today and I saw pure fear. Kinda funny that the man whomed she'd rejected so many years ago would be desiding her fate. I leaned back in my chair.

"Im sorry (y/n). I dont think you'll be a good fit for the companies secretary." I said with a poker face.

Her eyes went wide. For all she knew, this could be the reason she goes homeless.

But just when she was about to leave, I leaned back on the desk. I was staring her dead in the eyes when I smirked and said, "But I think you'd make a great personal assistant."