Finally

Once-ler's POV-

*The next day*
I walked into my office and checked the clock. It was 7:32 AM. I was two minutes late. I hated being late. I hated when others were late... I dont know why. It just bothered me when things weren't on time.

I tried to ignore it and went to sit down at my desk. I had exactly 28 minutes before (y/n) would walk through my office doors.

I started straightening a few things up and found a note under a few pieces of paper.

Once-ler,

Me, your brothers, and the rest of the family are going on a vacation. Dont know when we'll be back. Hope you dont mind us not inviting you, there wasnt enough room in the van. Ok byeee

-Your Loving Mother :)

Wow. They left me. At this point, im not really that surprised. If this were any other day, I would linger on the fact of how wrong that was, but I had nothing on my mind except (y/n).

I was about to throw the note away when I saw something written on the back.

Oh and Oncie, I saw that girl you were talking about earlier. I had decided to talk to her and I found out she has a boyfriend named Kevin. Ha, Kevin... What an odd name. Ok now, byeeeee.

"What?!" I yelled out loud.

"Is something wrong?" I heard a quiet voice ask as they made their way into my office.

I quickly looked up. It was (y/n). I glanced at the clock. "Its 7:56! You're early!" I yelled, not really angry at her being early as much as I was to hear out KeViN.

"Oh... Im sorry... My watch must be a bit fast-" she answered.

"IF I WANTED YOU HERE AT 7:56 THEN I WOULD'VE ASKED YOU TO BE HERE AT 7:56!" I yelled again.

"S-sorry" she said in a soft tone.

"IF IT HAPPENS AGAIN, YOU'LL BE FIRED! PUT OUT ON THE STREETS! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?!" I continued.

"No s-sir" she answered as she shed a tear.

At this time, I realised how loud I was being, and that I had frightened the poor girl.

I got up from where I was sitting and walked over to her. I gently cupped her face in one of my gloved hands and tilted her head slightly so I could look her in the eyes.

"Im sorry doll. I didnt mean to raise my voice at you like that. I just, I have a lot on my mind." I said in a quiet tone.

She sniffled and smiled weakly. "Its alright." She answered.

"Come over here, sit down." I said calmly as I motioned to the chair in front of the desk.

"Here" I said as I handed her a stack of papers. "Go through and sign each one."

"Doesnt it need to be your signature?" She asked.

"As my personal assistant, your signature would work as well darling." I smiled.

"Oh.. Okay." She returned the smile before starting to sign each paper.

"I have a question for you (y/n)." I said randomly.

"What is it?" She asked not looking up.

"Who's Kevin?"

She stopped signing the papers and looked up at me slowly. "He's... A friend." She said hesitantly.

"Mhm. Now one thing you must know about me miss (y/l/n) is I dont tolerate liars. So I'll ask again... Who is Kevin?" I repeated the question.

She sighed and looked down. "He's my boyfriend."

There was an awkward silence that filled the room.

"Break up with him." I said with a stone cold expression.

She looked up at me in shock. "What?!" She yelled.

"Did I stutter?" I asked in responce.

"You cant expect me to break up with a guy I've been dating for two years just because... Because my boss told me to!" She cried.

"Unless KeViN can pay your bills for when you're fired, yes, I do expect you to break up with him." I replied coldly.

"You're joking right?" She asked. I just stared at her in response and she went quiet.

"Okay." She said very quietly as her tears threatened to spill. This time I wasnt comforting her. She's the one who decided to date a guy who wasnt me.

She was setting herself up for a heartbreak.

The rest on the day was quite uneventful and at 5:30 PM on the dot, we both left and went home.

I had to go to the store on my way home so I decided to walk. It was a nice day outside anyways. As I was walking, I passed a coffee shop.

Just out of pure curiosity, I looked through the window as I was walking by.

To my surprise, I saw (y/n) sitting down at a table with a guy and laughing. I stood for a minute, just to watch, then she kissed him. I knew right then, that was Kevin... And she didnt look like she was breaking up with him.

As much as I wanted to storm in there right that moment, I had a better plan... A more, long-term plan.

I continued on my way and after going to the store, I made it home. I was too tired to do anything else so I went straight to bed, only to dream of (y/n) when I did.

*The next day*
I got up and got ready as usual. I went to work and walked in my office exactly at 7:30 AM. Back on schedule.

I planned on getting some work done but I couldnt do anything for the next 30 minutes.

7:59. I stared at the door intensely. One minute passed and the door creaked open to reveal (y/n)'s beautiful face.

She came and sat down but I continued to stare at her.

"Is there a problem sir?" She asked, confused.

"I thought I told you to break up with KeViN." I stated.

She got really fidgety and avoided eye contact. "I did..." She answered hesitantly.

"Liar!" I yelled, making her jump slightly. "Tell me how I feel about liars miss (y/l/n)." I continued.

"You dont like them." She answered quietly.

"So why dont you start learning how to tell the truth!"

"Im sorry sir... Please dont fire me, I need this job... Please." She pleaded.

I started to laugh. "You actually believe that?" I asked amused.

"What?"

"You believe that I would fire you? After I spent years looking for you. You just happen to apply for a job here. Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to let you go again?" I continued to laugh.

"What are you talking about?" She questioned as she started to get up fron her seat.

I got up also and walked to the door. "Now that I know I cant trust you on your own, you'll stay here." I said as I locked the door with a golden key and put it in my pocket. The lock worked both ways and you needed to the key to get in, and out.

"What are you doing?" She cried as she ran over to the door and tried to open it.

"Quite foolish, child. All you had to do was obey my order to break up with KeViN and you'd be free. But since I cant trust you, I'll have to keep an extra close eye on you." I chuckled.

"You're sick!" She yelled.

"And You're a liar. We're even." I stated as I went to sit back at my desk.

"You cant just keep me locked up in your office forever!" She yelled.

I smirked as I continued to sign papers.
"Look at the bright side darling... If you stay here, you never have to worry about paying your bills again."