The girl of my dreams

A/n- this is cringy. I am sorry. Im just trying to get the basics down so I can get to the interesting parts. Those will be written better I swear.

 Those will be written better I swear

The Oncelers POV-

Today was it! Today was the day! I was finally going to introduce my wonderful invention to the world.

I made my way to the center of the small town, Greenville. I had set up a small stand with my product but sadly, nobody even glanced my way.

I had to get their attention somehow. I weighed my options but I eventually got stuck on the idea of singing.

Yes. Singing. Everybody liked songs. Right? I knew how to play the gituar and by SoMe RaNdOm ChAnCe I brought it today.

So some time passed and I was just singing my heart out. People laughed. They made fun of me and my invention. I didnt care. I knew that I had potential. They would all me begging for forgivness when I was the richest man alive.

I busy singing and laughing at the irony that I almost missed the girl who was watching me preform and smiling. She was... Beautiful.

My voice cracked and my music stopped. I started blushing... Madly. I tried to talk but all I could do was stare at her. It may have seemed creepy but I didnt care. I slowly put my guitar down and smiled.

"H-hi" I managed to say.

"Hey..." She said cheerfully as she blushed. "You're really good..." She complimented.

"T..thanks." I stuttered, smiling like an idiot.

"So... You're an inventor?" She asked.

I nodded then I realized why I was actually here. I snapped out of fanboy mode and went back into my business man mode.

"Yes. Infact I am. I have created a very neat, revolutionary invention. I call it, a Thneed! Its a fine something that everyone needs!" I say confidently.

"A Thneed? Thats a cool name. What exactly does it do?"

"What does it do?!" I copied her question excitedly. "Why, it can do anything! Be anything, to get more specific! Its a scarf, its a glove, its a hat!" I continued to list off everything it could do. She seemed like she was in awe.

This was the first person to take a liking to my Thneed.

I finished rambling about my invention and looked at her with hope filled eyes.

"D-do you want one?" I asked kinda sheepishly. I closed my eyes and prepared for the worst.

She paused. 'I screwed it up.' I thought. 'You always screw everything up. Your family was right. You are a failure.' I reminded myself.

Then the girl reached into her pocket and grabbed something. It was cash. "I'd love one." She smiled as she handed me the money.

I was in complete shock... Not only did this gorgeous woman ask me about my Thneed without making fun of it, but she wanted to buy one!

This is the best day of my life, for sure.

I quickly put the Thneed in a bag and handed it to her. "Thanks. I think this is a really cool idea. I really see its potential." She smiled.

I returned the smile and desided to ask one extra thing.

"D...do you maybe wanna... I don't know... Go get coffee la-later?" I said rubbing the back of my neck nervously.

Her smile faded slowly and I felt my heart sink. "I-im sorry. You seem like a r-really nice guy and all but... Im afraid im busy today..." She replied, her face tinting red.

"Oh..." I sighed. "Maybe another time?" I asked hopefully.

She looked at the ground then back at me with eyes seeming to say 'im sorry'. "Uh... No, but thanks for the offer. And... Uhm... I really like the Thneed.." She said as she walked away.

No... I have gotten tomatos thrown at me, people taunting me all day, and the first person who doesnt treat me like a failure, just walked away from me.

I could NOT let this happen.

I ran up to her, completely abandoning my Thneed stand.

I tapped her on the shoulder and she jumped. "Oh... You... You scared me." She said, trying to be nice.

"I never got your name." I bit my lip.

"Im sorry. Im actually late for... Uh... Something. I have to go." She said quickly and turned away from me.

But I didnt give up that easily. No, of course not.

I followed her and jumped in front of her, cutting her off. "Im sorry miss, but I can't leave without a name."

She sighed and pushed pass me.

"C'mon, whats a guy gotta do?" I pleaded.

She turned around. "Please leave me alone. Im having a bad enough day as it is."

I smirked. "You tell me your name, and maybe an address and I could change that."

She scoffed and continued walking. Picking up her pace.

"Playing hard to get huh? I like that." I continued after her... Again.

"Cant you leave me alone? Be nice and leave me alone!?"

"Im never nice."

(A/n- sorry that was an Outsiders reference. I had to throw it in there)

"(Y/n) okay?! My name is (y/n)."

"See, now that wasnt so hard was it?"

She rolled her eyes and ignored me. "Ill see you later!" I yelled out to her.

"Dont count on it." She mumbled.

I think she was really taking a liking to me. Pretty good for the 1st day.

I went back to my stand, and it was getting late so I desided to pack up and call it a day.