Cruel? Not a Chance.

TW- name calling, cussing, and abuse

Once-lers POV-

(Y/n) stood at the door for a few more minutes trying to somehow pry it open. She looked so cute trying to escape.

After a small amount if time, she leaned her back against the door and sat down, quietly crying.

"Tired already, dear?" I asked gingerly.

She gave me a foul look but didn't answer.

"Now, now, theres no need for that." I half laughed and got back to work.

Throughout the rest of the day, she remained sitting on the floor in front of the door. Every hour or so she'd check and see if it was unlocked. I dont know what was going through her head because I had the only key and I've been at my desk all day. Fear blinds your rational side I guess.

I didn't force her to do any work because I knew that I had to be patient. She was like a scared puppy, just taken to the pound. It always hides in the corner at first, but eventually it grows to love its surroundings. She'll become more comfortable here, I just have to give her time.

At 11:30 I got up and walked over to the door.

"Im going to need you to move doll." I said to (y/n), meaning that because she was in front of it, I couldnt get through.

She didnt answer me. Nor did she move. She didnt even glace my way.

"Im going to count to 3." I said in a tempting tone.

"1."
She did nothing.
"2.."
Her breathing picked up.

I hesitated a moment before counting the final number.

As if she had lost a battle with herself, she quickly stood up and stepped to the right of the exit.

She looked down at her feet, her face red. Like she was embarrassed that she was scared by a simple act, like counting.

"3..." I said with a more satisfied tone. I laughed slightly and unlocked the door. I got outside and started to go get lunch for the both of us.

(Y/n)'s POV-

He walked out and shut the door. As soon as I heard his footsteps disappear, I quickly checked the door.
Damn it! I thought. It was locked again.

My next instinct was to run over to the window. As soon as I did, I opened it and looked out. Shit!! I mentally cussed. In all this mess I forgot that the Oncelers office was on the 12th floor of the factory. Thats over 120 feet in the air!

All I knew was that the window was unlocked and I needed to get out of there, fast. I needed to find some way to get down to the ground without dying.

I ran over to the corner of the room and found a dozen boxes of thneeds. I worked quickly to tie them together. It seemed like forever but I eventually felt it was long enough. I was surprised that the Onceler wasnt back yet.

I went to the window and threw the thneed rope down. It was about 10 feet too short, but I didnt have time to add another thneed to I'd just have to fall the remaining way.

I started climbing out the window, but my attempts were faltered by the door opening and the Onceler coming in. He ran to his desk and sat his stuff down and ran over to me.

I tried to climb down before he reached me but I was too slow. He grabbed me from behind and dragged me back into the room. All the while, I was strugglibg and fighting him, trying to free myself once again, but he neevr let go.

"Why do you have to make everything so difficult?!" He yelled at me as I calmed down a bit due to being tired.

"Im not hurting you! Im not cruel! Im not abusing you! Im not trying to do anything but love you! But you cant even settle for that!" He yelled as he shoved me to the floor.

"You're such an ungrateful whore!" He finally yelled as he slapped me.

I was completely shocked. I gently touched my face where the stinging sensation lingered.

He backed up as soon as he hit me.

I finally worked up the courage to speak.
"Not hurting me, huh? Not abusing me?" I started in a hateful tone.

"No, you couldn't be doing either of those things because you're not cruel! Right?!"

"Shut up." He muttered.

"You want nothing but the best for me, huh? Is that what you tell yourself?! You're sick."

"Stop it!" He yelled a bit louder.

"If you really cared about me, you wouldn't be keeping me here against my will. But you dont think about it that way... Do you? Because 'youre not cruel'. No. Cruel is too good of a word for you.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled louder than before. But I kept going.

"You're a selfish, greedy, no good, goddamned bastard, whos messed up in the head and he knows it! Nobody will ever love you." With the last sentence, I knew I struck a nerve.

He reached down, grabbed me by the arm and jerked me up. He slammed me against a wall and I hit my head... Hard.

"I told you to shut up. Do you know what happens to pets who dont obey their master?" He muttered.

"Im NOT your pet!" I yelled back.

He slapped me again, this time harder. "Wrong answer! They get punished. Now, this relationship can work, but you have to want to make it work."

"Theres no relationship, and there never will be! I'd rather die than stay with you!" I spat in his face.

His face turned bright red and for the final time that day, he slapped me.

This time was different. It had more force behind it but I didnt feel the sting. It knocked me to the ground at impact.

I started feeling a but dizzy, and then I started to think, how hard did he hit me this time?

It had to have been pretty hard, because darkness started invading my vision. Through my drooping eyelids, I saw him walk away. I heard distant ringing in my ears, then... nothing.

A/n- Sorry to all those people who wanted a somewhat wholesome Onceler story. As a writer, I have to many uncontrolled emotions that goes into my stories, so most of them are toxic relationship based.