creeps

The group was currently standing together pressed up against the fence watching Max skateboard across the school yard.

"There's no way that's Mad Max." Mike says.

"Yeah, girls don't play video games. And even if they did, you can't get 750,00 points on Dig Dug. "

"It's impossible."

"But her name is Max." Lucas said.

"So what?" Mike asked.

"So, how many Maxes do you know?"

"I don't know."

"Zero. That's how many."

"Hey guys, maybe we shouldn't be staring for so long we probably look weird." Leah tried to reason but no was listening to her.

"She shows up to school, the day after someone with her same name breaks our top score. I mean, you kidding me?" Dustin says.

"Exactly. So she's gotta be Mad Max." Lucas said.

"And plus she skateboards, so she's pretty awesome." Dustin says.

"Awesome? You haven't even spoken a word to her." Mike said annoyed.

Leah was just trying to figure out how she stayed on the moving board.

"I don't have to. I mean, look at her." Dustin looks back to where Max was a minute ago. "Shit, I've lost the target."

"Oh! There."

The group moved away from the fence watching Max walk up the school stairs. As she got to the top she dropped a piece of paper in the trash.

Without a word the boys took off running towards the trash can, Leah trailing behind them wondering why this Max girl was such a big deal to them.

Dustin began digging through the trash while the others stood around the can trying to look normal.

"Got it, there we go." Dustin said triumphantly.

They all crowded around Dustin as he opened the note. They all began to read it out loud.

"Stop spying on me, creeps."

"Well, shit."

Suddenly the principal called out. "William Byers. Your mothers here."

Will left the group going inside and through the school to where Joyce was waiting leaning against her car.

"You guys think he's okay?" Dustin asked as they watched Will leave school.

"He's always weird when he has to go in." Lucas added.

"I don't know, he's quite today."

"He's always quite."

"They don't talk about it when they come home either, he's very quite about, but I understand it's all a lot." Leah said watching as the car drove away.

"Hey you want me to take you home?" Lucas asked Leah.

"Oh yeah sure." Usually Joyce also picked up Leah and dropped her off before taking Will to his appointment but today she couldn't.

Instead of being on her way home Leah was currently leaning up against a random car while Dustin and Lucas leaned in the hood, Lucas with a pair of binoculars up to his eyes.

"Still no sign?" Dustin asked.

"Jack shit."

"Oh! Damn it. My mom's gonna murder me." Dustin said exasperated.