acrobat

After a long bike ride towards the middle school, the five kids entered using the back door. Walking down halls, and turning corners, Leah found the school to be huge, with its blue and white walls, and posters scattered around.

"Okay, remember, if anyone sees us look sad." Mike reminds the group as they head down another hallway.

"Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period." The intercom spoke through the several systems around the school.

Eventually the group came across a door, which Leah assumed was the room with the Heathkit ham shack in it. Mike tried to open the door but it turned out to be locked.

"It's locked." Mike huffs out, a look of frustration on his face.

"What?" Lucas asked sounding annoyed as he tried to open the door, which still wasn't opening.

"Hey do you think you can open it? With your powers?" Dustin asks El.

"Boys?" A voice called out. The groups heads whipped around to see a man who appeared to be a teacher.

"Hey." Lucas breathed out, leaning against the door, trying to hide the fact that they were trying to open it.

"Assembly's about to start." He said to them. The look in his face showed that he was upset over Will's death as well.

"We know. We're just, you know...upset." Mike says looking down at the floor.

"Yeah, definitely upset." Dustin adds in.

"We need some alone time."

"To...cry."

"Yeah, listen I get it." The teacher says softly to the boys. "I do, I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh?" He digs in his pocket and pulls out some keys, throwing them to Mike. "And then the Heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?"

The boys excitedly nod, as the man looks over at the girls he hadn't noticed before.

"I don't believe we've met." He says to the girls, "What are your names?"

"El-"

"Ma-"

"Eleanor and Margaret!" Mike shouted over the girls, "they're my uh,"

"Cousin."

"Second, cousin."

"They're here for Will's funeral."

"Ah, well welcome to Hawkins Middle School Eleanor and Margaret. I wish you were here under better circumstances."

"Thank you." The girls said quietly.

"Uh, where are you from exactly?" The man asked. The boys instantly panicked wondering what the girls would say.

"Bad place." Elven muttered, shaking her head, causing the man to furrow his eyebrows.

"Sweden!" Dustin shouts, trying to throw the man off track.

"I have a lot of Swedish family." Mike adds with a smile.

"They hate it there."

"Cold!"

"Subzero."

Mr. Clarke clears his throat, "Shall we?"

"Yep!" Lucas responds as the group starts walking down the hall. The teacher and kids make their way towards a pair of double doors. The kids push through them, only to catch the stares of all of the kids sitting on the bleachers.