movies & midnight kisses

The group was standing outside the new Starcourt mall, waiting for Mike who was late, again.

Finally Mike came screeching up in his bike.

"You're late. Again." Lucas said.

"We're gonna miss the opening." Will said stepping forward.

"Yeah, if you keep whining about it. Let's go!" Mike said getting off his bike.

"If you guys keep whining about it nyeh-nyeh-nyeh." Lucas said copying Mike.

"Just please stop talking dude."

"Let me guess, you were busy." Lucas started to imitate kissing noises.

Rolling his eyes Mike spoke. "Oh, yeah, real mature, Lucas."

"Oh, El, I wish we could make out forever, and never hang out with any of our friends." Lucas said imitating Mikes voice.

"Mike don't listen to him, he's just upset and taking it out on you." Leah said.

"No I am not upset, and Will thinks it's funny."

"Because it is." Will said.

Leah smacked his arm. "Don't encourage him."

"Yeah, it's so funny that I want to spend some romantic time with my girlfriend." Mike argued.

"Leah and I spend plenty of romantic time together and we still have time for our friends." Lucas snipped back.

The group muttered their apologies as they push their way down the crowded escalator.

"Hey watch it!" A girl yelled.

"Yeah! Watch it, nerd!" Erica, Lucas's little sister.

"Isn't it past your bedtime?" Lucas asked.

"Isn't it time you died?" Erica sassed.

"Psycho!"

"Butthead!"

"Mall rat!"

"Fart face!"

Lucas started to blow raspberries in her direction as they were walking away.

"Stop it! You're acting like a child!" Leah said turning Lucas around.

The group made their way into Scoops Ahoy the ice cream parlor where Steve worked.

Walking up to the counter Mike started to ring the bell.

"Hey, dingus, your children are here." Robin said. She was a red headed girl who also worked at Scoops Ahoy.

Opening the glass partitions Steve leaned against the counter. "Again? Seriously?"

Mike hit the bell one more time before an exasperated Steve led them to the back entrance.

"Come on, come on. I swear if anybody hears about this-"

"We're dead." The group said in unison.

The made their way down the back hallway and through a metal door into the movie theater.

Of course since they were late they had to squeeze their way through the seats.

"See Lucas we made it." Mike said as they sat down.

"We missed the previews." Lucas complained.

"We still made it." Leah said before blowing a raspberry at Lucas.

"Haha very funny." Lucas said while laughing.

Getting the snacks out of his backpack Will passed everyone their food.