the body

"We just tell our parents that we have AV Club after school. That'll give us time for operation Mirkwood." Mike explains to Lucas and Dustin who were standing near a table.

"You seriously think that the weirdos know where Will is?" Lucas asks as the boys look over at 11 and 12.

"Just trust me in this okay?"

"Okay."

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike asks and Lucas nods, digging through his backpack.

He starts to explain each item he pulls out. "Binoculars from 'Nam. Army knife also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandanna, and the wrist rocket."

"You're gonna take the Demogorgan out with a slingshot?" Dustin aka in disbelief.

"First of all it's a wrist rocket." Lucas sasses, "And second of all the Demogorgan's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." He aims the slingshot towards Dustin, making him jump, "And blind it."

Mike sighs and turns to Dustin, "Dustin, what did you get?"

Dustin picks up his backpack as Leah and El make their way over to the table.

"Well, alrighty." Dustin sighs as he dumps his backpack, "So we've got Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, 3 Musketeers, Nilla Wafers, apple-banana, and Trail mix." Dustin lists the sweets and Twelve takes a moment to look over the table.

"Seriously?" Lucas asks, annoyed.

"We need energy for our travels. Stamina." Dustin defends.

A pack of Haribo gummy bears grabs Twelves  attention. "C-can I have that?" She also timidly.

"What, oh yeah, you can." Dustin says.

"Thank you." She says as Lucas hands it to her.

She takes the bag and sits down on the couch, this was the first thing she had eaten in a while and it tasted good.

Lucas sat down next to her. "Is this the only food you'll eat?" He asked tentatively.

"Well it's the only thing that looks good, everything else just looks gross." She explains.

She ate a few more before realizing she should over the boy some. "Would you like some!" She asked.

He was about to say no, but the look in her eyes made him change his mind. "Sure."

The two turned their attention back to the matter at hand when they heard Dustin shout. "Why do we need weapons we have her. And if Twelve came from the same place that means she probably has powers too!"

Everyone turned to look at her. "I lost them." She said quietly looking down at her hands as they stared to shake.

"It's okay we don't have to talk about it. And going back to El all she did was close one door." Lucas said.

"Yeah with her mind!" Dustin then picked up a plastic spaceship toy from the floor and turned around to face el, "Okay she can make this fly!" He dropped it, causing it to land on the floor while Eleven just stared at the ground.

Mike grabbed the toy from Dustin. "She's not a dog so knock it off."

"Boys! Time for school!" Mikes mom called from the top of the stairs, causing the boys to start gathering their stuff.

"Just stay down here and don't be loud or go upstairs, abs if you're hungry just eat Dustins snacks." He whispered as he pulled on his jacket. "You know those power lines behind my house?"