meet and greet

Amber was nearly shaken back into her senses when Flynn started to scream, cheering on her best friend and nearly knocking the dead girl over

Amber was nearly shaken back into her senses when Flynn started to scream, cheering on her best friend and nearly knocking the dead girl over. The boys poofed to Amber's side, all still worried about how exhausted she seemed, even if she tried to hide it.

"You okay?" Luke whispered in her ear, sending a shiver down her spine. Even after all those years, the slightest touch could drive her wild.

"I'm fine," she croaked, feeling the exact opposite.

"Even I know you're lying." Reggie was never one to be serious, but he was genuinely worried.

"Let's go," Alex urged, but Amber shook her head. "You need to rest, and this is obviously not the place to do it!"

"Go be with Julie. It looks like there's a fancy woman who's walking towards her."

Luke's eyes shifted from Amber to Julie, who was straightening up in anticipation. Unfortunately, Mr. Molina showed up before Julie could say another word to the woman. The young girl left the club looking like a kicked puppy, and the other ghosts poofed immediately over to the studio.

"It feels like nothing's changed..." Amber whispered, taking in the familiar room. It was like the fairy lights and plants amplified the room beyond what she had even thought possible. The exhausted girl seemed to become more and more energized as she spent more time in the place that had been her home for a few weeks before she died.

"I know," Alex replied, glancing at his sister with a pained smile, taking her pinky in his.

They didn't need to say anything as they remembered the night their lives had changed.

"We sent you to a good school and we spent good money on your education in the hopes that you would turn out to be the son we had wanted," Henry Mercer shouted. His children cowered together on the couch as their parents leered down over them. "And as for you," he said, looking at his only daughter, "you should have discouraged him. You shouldn't have let him think like this in the first place. This is your fault!"

Amber felt her eyes tear up once again as she took in the man she had always seen as a father. Now, he was nothing more than some stranger who shared her blood. "This isn't my fault, or Alex's, or anyone's fault! For God's sake, open your eyes-"

"Don't you dare use the lord's name in this conversation," Olivia Mercer yelled.

"-to the fact that this is the world now. You need to adapt or be quiet. This... this is on you. If you aren't going to support Alex, then you're no family to either of us."

Amber was then standing, nearly shaking with anger. Her other half wiped his eyes before rising next to her and taking her pinky in his. At the sight, Mr. Mercer exploded.

"Get out."

The two had gone to Bobby's, as he was the closest, and he led them into the studio where they rehearsed.

"I'm so sorry, B, we'll leave as soon as we find a place to stay," Amber told him.

"No, you're not going to go anywhere. This is your home- both of yours," he said, looking at Alex too. "And I wouldn't want you anywhere else. Plus, my parents already love you two more than they do me, so you're fine on that front." The three laughed, but the twins' eyes quickly filled in tears, thinking of their own parents.

Squeezing pinkies, they got settled into their new home.

Amber hadn't even realized she was crying when she felt Reggie's arms wrap around her, holding his best friend tight to his chest.

"Wow, so you'll hug my sister but not me when I cried for twenty-five years?" Alex snarked, wiping a spare tear from his own eye.

"Dude, you smelled like street dogs! I wasn't about to hug that!"

"You did too!"

"You smelled worse!"

Amber let out a loud laugh. She couldn't help it, she had missed the bickering between the two of them. But then, she realized that she wasn't in Reggie's arms anymore.

He had given her to Luke to hold while he argued with Alex.

She jumped back, apologizing for the tear stains on his shirt. The boy looked somewhat hurt, but tried to hide it behind a small smile.

But Amber knew Luke. She knew him better than anyone. And she knew it was time for her to face her demons.

"I think it's time we talked."

(AN: i'm so sorry for the long wait! the holidays were crazyyy but we're back! i edited some of the pictures and the cover, so i hope you like it. next up is a pretty important talk and julie/amber/flynn bonding time hehe

also...

THANK YOU ALL FOR 2K READS AND 100 VOTES! it means the world to me that people are actually reading this and i'm so excited to see how this grows!

love you all so so much <3)