never heard before

Shutting her locker, Julie Molina screamed when Luke appeared from behind the door, leaning on the other lockers

"D-don't do that!" she whisper-yelled as people gave her strange looks.

"Why not? It's funny!" Luke replied with a large smile.

"Sorry, Jules, I tried to talk him out of it," Amber laughed, walking up behind Luke with a small smile on her face. "Can't believe I'm saying this but I honestly miss high school sometimes."

Luke scoffed. "I don't."

"That's only because I wasn't there for most of it," Amber retorted, giggling as he made a flabbergasted face. She had gone to an all girl's private school before being kicked out of her home, and after that, she finally attended the public high school with Bobby, Reggie, Luke, and Alex.

Julie's anger was forgotten the moment she saw Luke's cheeks turn bright red. Smiling at the oblivious pair, she pulled out her phone so that she could talk to the two without seeming too strange.

"What are you doing, that's so rude-" Luke started before Amber slapped his arm.

"She's obviously making it so that she can talk to us without people giving her strange looks, so shut up!"

"Okay, okay, fine," he grumbled, rubbing his now sore arm.

"Exactly, this is why Amber's the smart one," Julie joked, making the girl next to her laugh.

"Obviously."

"Anyway, we were wondering if we could go over some chords in the bridge of 'Great,' I think there are some great things we can do," Luke started before Julie cut him off.

"Sounds great! Uh-huh. Yep!" she said, nodding into her phone.

"Great, let's go!" Luke started walking away before Amber pulled him back.

"She has school, idiot."

"Yeah, I can't skip. Plus, I have a big dance performance today."

"With Nick right?" Amber teased. "You excited?"

"More nervous than anything," Julie admitted, kneading her hands. "I just... I get the feeling that he could like me but at the same time, I always feel like I'm just going to be second best to Carrie."

"Well, how about you let him prove it to you today!" Amber replied with a big smile. "If he doesn't like you for you, then he's not worth it and he doesn't deserve you."