edge of great

Anyone could tell that Luke was off for the rest of that day, and Amber's absence made it clear why he was so distracted

Anyone could tell that Luke was off for the rest of that day, and Amber's absence made it clear why he was so distracted. The band was rehearsing after Carlos' salt extravaganza and Alex's unofficial "breakup" with Willie.

"Dude, if anyone should be upset right now, it's me," Alex said, stopping the song when Luke messed up yet again. "What's going on?"

"I think it's pretty obvious what's going on," Reggie chuckled. "He's in love with Amber and she won't give him the time of day. It's 1995 all over again."

"Just shut up and keep playing," Luke grumbled, not knowing he had just confirmed the other boys' theories.

"I know she's my sister, but you know I'm always here for you Luke."

"Same here, besides, you two ooze chemistry. How can you not end up together?"

"First of all, never say the word 'ooze' again," Luke shuddered. "Second of all, even if that was the case, she still wouldn't be with me. I practically laid it all on the table and she ran away. Like, how is a guy supposed to feel after that?"

"Well, I can tell you what a guy isn't supposed to do," Alex scoffed, thinking of Willie. "You're not supposed to let it happen. Fight for her. Prove that you still care even though she brushed you off. Don't let it deter you."

"Are you going to do the same?" Reggie asked.

"It's different."

"Not really."

"Trust me, it's different."

It wasn't different at all.

"Well, I know what I need to do right now," Reggie smirked. "Peace!"

The two boys looked at the area where their friend had been in confusion before looking at each other. They sat down on the couch and started complaining about love as Alex braided Luke's hair, just as Reggie had expected would happen after he left.

Meanwhile, the boy in question had gone to find the Mercer girl. Looking all over LA, he found her sitting on the steps of her old house, leaning against a package for her parents.

"They still have awful taste in furniture, I see," Reggie said with his head inside the box, looking at the purple and neon green pouf that the couple had ordered.

"You can say that again," Amber chuckled, her eyes not leaving her shoes.

"What's wrong?"