flash forward

When Julie Molina played her mother's Sunset Curve CD, she had no idea what was going to happen

When Julie Molina played her mother's Sunset Curve CD, she had no idea what was going to happen. Or, more specifically, how it was going to affect her life.

Alex, Reggie, and Luke changed everything for the young girl, and little did they know that she would change everything for them too.

However, when Luke gave Julie his notebook to look at some of the songs he had marked, the last thing he expected was for her to rummage through the songs that he had never intended for anyone else to see.

"'Tap on my window, knock on my door, I want to make you feel beautiful...'" Julie read, "Luke, this is incredible."

"That wasn't one I folded," he snapped, flipping to the next page before Alex could see the other words. But, because Luke was never lucky, Alex's interest was already piqued.

"And neither was this one, but it's seriously so good," Julie said. "'I know that this is a little too late, this is everything I didn't say...'"

Alex knew at that moment that those songs were about Amber. He could feel his face flush as he reached for the notebook, only for Julie to pull it farther from his reach.

"You never told me you wrote about her," Alex said to Luke.

"It's not something I like to talk about," Luke replied nervously.

"Who is 'she?' Emily?" Julie teased, reading the lines of yet another song that Luke hadn't wanted her to read. The boy snatched his book from her hands and finally began reading it to her, only for her to realize that she was hearing lyrics that had already been sung by her former best friend's father. It wasn't long before they looked up 'Trevor Wilson' and the boys recognized their very own Bobby.

"How could he do this to me?" Luke growled. "Those were my songs."

"He was never the same after..." Alex trailed off, looking at Julie. "You know he sort of blamed you."

"I... I need a second to breathe," Luke said, leaving the garage. Alex followed him, knowing that he was the only one who could talk to him.

"You know there's nothing you could've done. I mean, we could play the blame game for years and we wouldn't get anywhere. I'm at fault, you're at fault, even Amber could be blamed. But it's never going to help anyone. I tried to explain it to Bobby but he never understood. So don't blame yourself. If anyone, blame him," Alex ranted, leaving Luke speechless.

Meanwhile, in the garage, Reggie turned to a very confused Julie to explain. "Alex had a twin sister... Amber. She was his other half, his everything. In the beginning, when the band started, she was just one of our fans, but eventually, she became more and more involved with being our manager and so on. Alex made all of us promise that none of us would date her, but you know Luke. He always wants what he can't have. And so, he slowly started to fall for her, and vice versa. They knew that Alex would be so angry, so they kept their little relationship a secret until one day at rehearsal, Luke and Alex got into some sort of fight over something stupid. Of course, Luke, being his stupid self, said something along the lines of 'and yet you don't know I'm dating your sister,' and Alex nearly imploded. I'd never seen him angrier in his life. Amber tried to calm him down, but even she couldn't help. He eventually told her to just leave, and so she started to drive home. Later that night, though, she was in an accident with a drunk driver... and she died."

Julie's hand flew over her mouth when Reggie revealed the worst part of the story.

"None of us were ever the same again. Bobby and Amber were always very close- not in a romantic way, but as friends- and to say that he took it badly is an understatement. He never forgave Luke for being reckless, even when Alex tried to explain that it wasn't Luke's fault."

"I... I never realized any of this," Julie whispered. "How did Alex forgive Luke so easily?"

"I realized Amber would've wanted me to," Alex said, walking into the garage again, Luke in tow.

"But that isn't important right now. Where does Bobby live now?" Luke growled.

Julie knew they were getting ready to enact revenge... and the only thought going through her head was 'oh no...'