-𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙊𝙉𝙀: 𝙎𝙋𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙆𝙀𝙔

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝙅𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙆𝘼
𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙊𝙉𝙀
"𝙎𝙋𝘼𝘾𝙀 𝙈𝙊𝙉𝙆𝙀𝙔 "
✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

OPHELIA always sat alone during lunch. She'd grab her food, chow down, and focus all of her intention on the screen in front of her rather than the bustling noise around her.

There was a tinge of boredom residing in her chest as she doom scrolled.

She sighed and set her phone down, tilting her head back and looking around. Though the noise of the cafeteria was annoying and overwhelming, she couldn't help but people watch from time
to time.

This sucks. She thought to herself, bringing her feet up on the seat. She reached forward, gripping her plastic fork and swirling it around the empty pudding container.

Ophelia closed her eyes, taking in the sounds around her. It takes her a moment or two to adjust her ears in on a conversation. "—women are truly something else," a boy's voice rung out.

She almost laughed at the strange sentence.

"I don't say that to be weird or anything. Girls are just so cool, y'know?" The same voice continued. As hard as she tries to listen in, she can't seem to hear a response.

Ophelia opened her eyes and waited for someone to respond, but to no avail. Her eyes dart around the room. She hears the boy once again, from behind her.

With a breath, she stood. She quickly observed the table behind hers, noting that there was only one boy sat.

Ophelia sat herself across from him. "Women are cool," She said bluntly. The boy loooked up, almost shocked. The girl outstretched her hand across the table. "I'm Ophelia."

The boy was quick to take her hand and shake it. "Tommy," He stuttered out. Ophelia retracted her hand, getting a better look at him. Her eyebrow raised, noting the fact that he was also scoping her out.

He's awfully skinny. She observed, looking at the way his jacket was a big around his arms and torso. Ophelia focused in on the dark circles under his eyes. Jesus, he looks like he hasn't slept in forty-two years.

Oh my God. Tommy speculated. Oh my God, oh my God. I didn't even have to try? A girl approached me? I gotta tell Toby about this later.

"Just Tommy? Not like Thomas or Tim?" Ophelia asked, wrecking his train of thought. His eyes blinked and then flickered back to meet hers.

"Technically Thomas, but everyone calls me Tommy," He stated with a sheepish shrug. She nodded slowly. "And what about you? Do people call you Ophie or Oph?"

"Ew. I would rather be called Space Monkey, what the fuck?" Ophelia grimaced. Tommy slightly tensed in his seat. "Relax. First name based nicknames are for later."

"Space Monkey it is," Tommy chuckled awkwardly.

The two didn't waste a second getting into a conversation. They exchanged numbers, clicking instantly. The topic of women stayed at the table.

"Why are women so interesting to you, huh?" Ophelia asked, resting her hand on her cheek. Tommy chomped a fry, awkwardly trying to swallow the bite before the silence got too long.

"Well it's like... I don't know actually. I guess it's interesting that I find them interesting but none of them like me," Tommy shrugged. Ophelia almost let out a laugh.

"Ditto to that," She murmured, looking at her lap. Tommy's face contorted to a confused one, but he shook off her words.

The warning bell for the next class rang out. The girl was quick to gather her things, standing up. Tommy gave a fake hurt look. "Someone's eager to leave," He sternly joked.

Ophelia only threw up a peace sign with her hand. "See ya around, stupid," She giggled, rolling her eyes. Tommy grabbed his tray.

"Bye Space Monkey."

[𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙡𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝]

blonde kid from lunch
this is tommy

space monkey
rad

blonde kid from lunch
should we meet up for lunch tomorrow?

space monkey
sure
can't wait to hear about more insight on women😀

blonde kid from lunch
oh god

word count: 668