-𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙎𝙄𝙓: 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙕𝙊𝙉𝙀

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝙅𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙆𝘼
𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙎𝙄𝙓:
"𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙕𝙊𝙉𝙀 "
✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

OPHELIA pulled her oversized hoodie over her knees, which were tucked tightly against her chest. She was sitting in their usual lunch spot, waiting patiently for the boy to arrive.

A salad sat in front of her, but it didn't seem appetizing. Tommy soon joined her, extending his hand. They performed their handshake and he sat down with a smile.

"How have things been?" He asked, fiddling with his napkin. The girl shrugged.

"The same, I suppose," She replied, slowly picking up her fork. Her hand seemed to have a mind of its own as she guided the fork around the bowl's edge, staying away from the food.

Tommy gestured to her bowl. "Eat something," He ordered softly. The boy continued on as if he hadn't mentioned her salad. "I'm doing a pretty epic stream tonight. Think you'll watch it?"

The girl stabbed a piece of lettuce. "Probably," She replied, mouth chomping into the bite after her statement. The boy nodded. "Your online friends seem pretty cool, y'know?"

"Really?" He asked, not looking up. There was almost a sound of disbelief in his words. Ophelia raised one eyebrow. "Well, I mean they are pretty cool I guess, but I don't think other people really mention it."

"Weird. I'd kill to have friends like that," She murmured, taking another bite. Tommy looked up and tilted his head at her. The girl swallowed her food roughly. "What?"

"Should I introduce you to my friends since I'm obviously not enough to satisfy you?" He joked, attempting to get a smile out of her. His gestures were over exaggerated. Ophelia laughed at his body language, causing Tommy to smile.

"Perhaps," She shrugged, letting her smile fade. The boy was taken back.

"Oh, fuck you," He huffed, furrowing his eyebrows. "I guess we'll need to schedule another stream date so you can win them over."

Ophelia placed her fork down, grabbing her drink gently. "It wasn't a date," She sternly said, avoiding his gaze. Tommy rolled his eyes.

"How would you know that?" He teased.

"Because I was there and that wasn't a date," She smiled, taking a sip of the drink. The boy let out a gruff sigh.

"I hope you stay single forever," He intervened. Ophelia flipped him off, opening her phone with her other hand. Tommy checked his phone as well. "Should we hangout on Saturday?"

The girl took a moment to think. "Yeah, that works," She shrugged. "I'll have to come after 4, is that cool?"

"Sure," He mumbled with a low smile. They continued on with their lunch, eating and chatting along. Although they did dive into strange topics and exchange even stranger words, their time together always seems to be cut short.

The bell rung on time, as it always did. Tommy's shoulders slumped and he let out a groan. "Awh, are you really gonna miss me that much?" The girl teased, throwing her straw wrapper at him. The boy hit it away before it could touch his face.

"No, I just really hate going to class," He responded, standing up. Both of them gathered their things. Tommy teetered for a millisecond before awkwardly extending his arms.

Ophelia paused and gave him a double high-five. "Catch you later!" She exclaimed.

"That was the biggest friendzone in the world!" Tommy yelped as she paced away. Ophelia turned around and adjusted her walking so she could comfortably walk backwards.

"Good thing we're friends," She saluted with a smirk, turning back around and rushing away before he could say anything else.

Tommy shoved his hands into his front pockets, exhaling sharply through his nose as he walked to class. His feet dragged across the floor.

word count: 622