-𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉: 𝙈𝙄𝙉𝘿𝙎𝙀𝙏

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
𝙅𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙆𝘼
𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙊𝘿𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉:
"𝙈𝙄𝙉𝘿𝙎𝙀𝙏 "
✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

BEING AT HOME was something Ophelia never necessarily enjoyed. It wasn't like she hated being there, but there were a wide variety of other places that she would rather be.

Nothing was ever very exciting or good in her home. The girl stuck to her own room, never bothering to start conversations with her mother or father.

The parents and the child had different views and opinions to say the least.

Ophelia sat herself at the small desk in the corner of her room. There were a few books stacked up on the edge, while a new page of her notebook laid open. A thin, black pen flipped between her fingers as she nervously twiddled and fidgeted.

The girl slowly lowered her hand to the book, beginning a new journal entry.

entry #62

i haven't written here in a while. maybe i should start doing these again. they act as good stress relief, i suppose.

i met a boy. his name is tommy. he's an interesting person, to say the least. tommy has a whole lot of followers on twitch, youtube, etc. he's pretty much famous.

i guess i often feel like i should start being more like him. more open, more outgoing, more cool (?) i feel kinda bad for him sometimes. he's gotta be one of the coolest people that i know and yet here i am. this random chick with literally no friends except him. i'd bet he thinks i'm pretty strange.

the problem is, i'm pretty sure that he has a thing for me. i don't know what to do. he's a great kid and all, don't get me wrong, but it's just that i'm not exactly into... men.

i feel so dumb right now, writing in this journal like it's some type of person.

not a lot of people know i'm a lesbian. he obviously hasn't picked it up. i don't know how to come out to him. it's all so awkward and yet so natural at the same time. things are going really well right now- i don't want to mess anything up.

i'm not scared that he'll be homophobic, because i know he's not. there's literal compilations on youtube of, "tommyinnit supporting lgbtq+ for 3 minutes straight" and all of that stuff. i shouldn't have anything to worry about, so why am i still so stressed? i guess a part of me believes that he'll be so upset with himself that he'll drop me.

that sounds bad.

regardless, i don't know what the hell i'm going to do. i hope that i can figure out a solution, and quick. i don't want anything to happen before i manage to come up with a plan.

-o.v.

Ophelia's father yelled out her name right as she finished up. The girl closed the diary, gently tucking it away underneath her bed. "What?" She shouted back as she placed her pen into her drawer.

"Dinner," He called simply, keeping his words short. For once, Ophelia listened to her body's need for food. She managed to straighten her posture and walk down the stairs to the dining room.

Her father and mother were already sitting down at the table. She almost grimaced at the sight. "Ophelia, darling, sit down," Her mother smiled.

The father nodded at his wife's words. The teen slowly made her way to the table and placed herself where an empty plate sat. The family hadn't eaten together in a very long time.

The three passed the small dishes around the table, sorting different foods to their plates. The room soon grew quiet as they eat.

"Let's talk, shall we?" The father asked with a menacing tone.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Ophelia scrolled through her phone with teary eyes. Her room was dark, but the device emitted a light bright enough that her whole ceiling was practically glowing.

She scrolled through the account of one of her favorite activists. The girl swiped on to see a photo of him and his husband, happily smiling at the camera.

Small tears rolled down her face, but she refused to let out any type of vocal strain. The light in the hallway flicked off and the girl let out a shuddering breath.

word count: 706