Prologue

Comment if you have a better idea for a title or if you see any mistakes
<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nobody's POV
Team eagle was on the way back from there mission but as they were returning to the land of fire they were attacked by rogue nin. The team was greatly injured in the end getting separated from each other. Kitsune was stranded on a ledge with a broke ankle and passed out, wolfs right arm was bleeding profusely, rabbit was stabbed in his left abdomen and eagle was passed out leaning up against a tree, bleeding from his head. After they finally fought off the rouge nin most of the team regrouped.

Wolf was treating eagle's wounds while rabbit was searching for kitsune. After two hours rabbit came back to report that he was unable to find kitsune, eagle made the decision to finish the mission and to send a retrieval team to find kitsune later. They all agreed and headed out. (wolfs father just died, if you know why thats important) They made it back to the hidden leaf and were able to finish the mission successfully. Though the two retrieval teams that were sent to find kitsune were unable to find him and came back empty handed.

Kitsune's POV
I slowly open my eyes to find myself stuck on a ledge with a shooting pain coming from my left leg. I sit up and access my injured ankle. I sigh and call out to the demon fox that resides within me. 'kyubi do you mind healing my ankle' The only response i get is a echod grunt that comes with a flow of chakra to my ankle. Even thought me and the fox aren't great friends we've bonded over the fact that we are both hated for something we had no control over, for the fox it was him being tricked into attacking the village and for me it was have a demon sealed within me.

After a few minutes my ankle is healed well enough for me to stand on it. 'how long have i been out? should i call out to my team and risk being heard by an enemy' I shake my head look for a way to the top of the cliff but then i look down as a realization hits me. 'its to risky to go up not only is my ankle still weak but im also more like to miss an enemy approach' I find my footing on the rock wall and quickly manuver down. Then i start walking the long of the ravine hoping im headed towards the hidden leaf.

A few long hours of walking i hit an incline that leads out of the ravine. Once im out of the ravine i take a good look around and see nothing to point to where i am, i decide the most logical thing to do is follow back along the ravine in hopes of recognising something. On my long walk back i start thinking about the chances of me not getting back at all. 'what if im farther than i realise? What if my teams dead? What if the enemy spots me? What if i don't go back?...' I stop in my tracks at my last thought. 'what would happen if i didn't go back? What would i do if i didn't go back?'

Another few hours later i start to recognise my surroundings but my thoughts are also getting clearer 'if i didn't go back i could help the village from the shadows in ways i couldn't when restrained by village rules' I stop at the sound of rustling, 'someones coming this way' i make sure im hiding my chakra presence completely and stare towards the sounds. Two retrieval anbu emerge from the brush, i let out a small breath of relief but re-tensed when a realisation hit me 'i... i don't want to go back...' I stay hidden as the anbu pass.

'holy shit... i don't want go back' I lean back against the tree contemplating my thoughts 'i don't want to go back...' I take a deep breath and head towards a cave i know from an old mission that's incredibly well hidden. Once i get to it i look around making sure there are no anbu near then enter the cave to hide for a while. After seven hours i figure the anbu have either given up or expanded the search west towards the village. So, i head out to find some food.

Naturally i went to a near by stream to fish as it was a skill i've perfected over many years of having to feed myself. It was easy to catch the three fish i wanted so, i went back to the cave and started a fire to roast the fish. Though it wasn't extremely flavoured it was good enough to eat. After i eat i released control of my body and let the demon inside me take control as i slept.

Its been two years since i started my life outside the village, since then i've become friends with kurama, the demon that resides inside of me and he's started teaching me the jutsu's that he knows. I also extensively train my chakra and my ability to hide it. Kurama also showed me the mindscape as well as his mostly human form.
<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Rabit(TEAM MEMBER)
Eagle(TEAM CAPTAIN)
Wolf(KAKASHI)
Kitsune(NARUTO)