Chapter 2

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kitsune's POV
The next morning the team exits the building without the man they're protecting and with the jonin in crutches. They go out into the forest and start trying to master chakra manipulation by walking up trees, i sit and watch them, the pink haired girl gets it on her first try much to my surprise and the male gets half way before his chakra pushes him off the tree. They keep practicing for the day and the female seems to have depleted her chakra levels while the male is still going at it. After a few more tries by the female the jonin tells her to go protect the bridge but i'm sure that was only a cover so she wouldn't deplete her chakra levels any farther. After a few days the male nin can climb the tree as well and their sensei seems to have healed.

I wake up to see the sun already high in the sky and realise i woke up late i go to sprint to the bridge but stop when i spot a hole in the side of the house. I jump down out of the tree i was sleeping in and look around finding the house was entirely empty. I stood still and sensed out any remaining chakra, i quickly followed the trail of chakra which led me to two thugs with a child and their mother. The child charges at the two thugs and i quickly use the distraction to grab the boys mother and get her to safety before doing the same with the boy. The child looks up at me "w-who are you" I ready an attack and kneel down to the boy's level "a friend" i say as i throw multiple shurikens at the thugs. They deflect the shurikens so i let the transformation jutsu go. Then two clones emerge from the shurikens and knock the thugs out.

As i'm tying the thugs up the child looks to me "why did you help us" I hum lightly before responding with "because it was the right thing to do" I see tears start to stream down the boys face and sigh. I finish tying the men up and turn towards the boy "calm down" i say wiping the boys tears. He gives me a small smile. I smile back before returning to the problem at hand "i need to go can you take care of your mother?" He nods "good" i say before jumping away heading for the bridge. I make it to the bridge as fast as i can to find some sort of ice jutsu set around the male genin and the jonin in a stand off with zabuza. 'i should've known he wasn't dead why would a hunter nin take a body' I wait till i absolutely have to interfere and watch from the tree line.

As the fight continues zabuza uses a mist technic 'shit i can't see anything i'll have to get closer' I jump down off the tree i was hiding in and latch onto the side of the bridge closest to where the fighting is. After another long while a scream sounds from the female genin, I squint just enough to make out the jonin protecting the bridge builder. I sigh out of relief silently when i hear a pained grunt. I look over to were the male genin was fighting to see him falling to the ground unconscious. 'now' I jump up on the bridge and use the ninetails chakra to shatter the mirror and then i quickly and quietly knock out the nin that had attacked him, the fog hiding me till the second were i struck his head. I clearly disoriented him greatly as he stumbled, i went to strike him again but he disappears. I look around to see him reappear in front of the jonin.

I see the jonins attack go straight through his body and sigh, he died a noble death protecting the one person he cared about. I jump back onto the side of the bridge and return to the tree i was hiding in now that the fog has cleared. I watch as the female genin runs over to the male genin with the bridge builder and the fight that ensues with the jonin and zabuza. The fight now is extremely uneven with the jonin barely moving a muscle he seems to be able to not only block any attack zabuza deals out but he can also counter just as easily. His eyes appear to be dead of any emotion. That is until gato the man that's been terrorising this village shows up with a small army of men. Gato explains his army is there to finish off the job and zabuza.

This changes things and zabuza switches sides. Gato and his army stand in there way now and gato kicks the dead nin a few times. Its clear that this annoys zabuza a lot but he didn't act that is until gato spoke "such a useless brat" Those words seem to push zabuza over the edge "kakashi, lend me a kunai" The copy ninja looks to zabuza a second before tossing him one of his kunai. Zabuza charges for gato and the army attacks. After a little zabuza pushes through the crowd and slaughters gato before falling to the ground dead himself. I look to the two genin to see the male now awake 'good' As i look back to the small army i see them getting ready to loot the village for there money but before they even get an attack in the entire village stands to defend itself. The looters to say the least ran away with there tails between there legs.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>