Chapter 9

Naruto's POV
I grab kakashi's book out of his hands clearly surprising him "heya senseiiii" I say dragging the word sensei out. He gives a closed eye smile "hey naruto, how'd my genin do in the first phase" I smile as kakashi stands "well the uchiha was quick to cheat and decently at that and sakura was smart enough to figure out the questions on her own but someone did steal the answers off her, though i couldn't tell who without attracting suspicion, once ibiki put some pressure on her she hesitated but stayed strong" He smiled back as we started walking back to his house "they're bound to be gathering by the gates now are you worried?" He steals his book back and shakes his head "no but i've got to go see the other jonin"

"alright well i'll be at the training grounds then" Kakashi nods and we split ways at high speeds. Once i get to team sevens training ground i sit by the three tree stumps and head into my mind scape. 'hey kura can we spar?' 'sure but my chakra in your mind scape is exhauted so we have to fight in the real world' 'thats fine we'll just use our head bands to hide our eyes, i've been meaning to train my sense more anyways' 'alright lets do this' I start pulling kurama's chakra out of mine and we create a shadow clone he possess. We pull our headbands down over our eyes and i get into a battle stance "ready?" "hai" We start by clashing fist before that turns to kunai till finally it morphs into ninjutsu.

"stop" i say and we both jump away from eachother. "who's there" I jerk my head towards a group of four chakra signature's, usually i could tell exactly who they were by there signature but something was stopping me. I feel one of the signatures approach and ready my battle stance again with kurama now standing back to back with me. "state your name" I say as i feel them massing chakra into one hand, then a distinct chirping sounds heard as the signature rushes forwards "chidori, duck" Both me and kurama duck out of the way and quickly i wrap my leg around the chakra mass imbolizing there arm, i shake my aready lose head band off to see kakashi trapped by both me and kurama. "idoit" i say and send a sharp kick to the center of his back making him drop to his knees.

"told you he was good" Kakashi glance to the other chakra signatures and i follow "who are they?' In reality i knew who they were as soon as i saw them but still. I feel kakashi lay a hand on my shoulder and slightly flinch having still been in battle mode "you already know who they are" I shrug "true" I bow to the three jonin and introduce myself "im naruto uzumaki" Kuranei's the first to approach, i snap my fingers before she gets to close telling kurama to return into my body which he does so "you just amassed a large amout of chakra, is there a reason for that" I hum and spit out a quick excuse "a ninja's best weapon is deception there for even if you bare a leaf headband i can't fully trust you" She hums and smiles.

"kuranei, leave the kid alone" I look up to asuma to see him with a rather uncaring expression. I feel the wind shift quickly behind me telling me somethings coming towards my neck, i duck under it and jump back mid air, creating a shadow clone just in case. I look her up and down as she puts her kunai away "kids got good instincts" I keep her in my peripherals and look towards gai and asuma "gai, you've been quiet" He smiles and rubs the back of his head "i feel like i know you" I feel myself smile "really? well i bet you'll figure it out before the end of the chunin exams" I hop over to kakashi with my shadow clone and jump on his back "are you done with your friends now kashi?"

"that's such a youthful nick name!" I smile a bit when i see the small amount of embrassed blush on his cheeks. "huh, didn't know you swung that way kakashi" I look over at asuma to see him with a teasing smirk. "what! no! it's not like that!" Kakashi says waving his hands while the blush deepens. I send a wink to asuma and turn kakashi around to face me while putting on a pouty face "kashi are you embrassed about me?.." He looks down at me like im crazy then looks to the others "no he's just messing around it's not what you think at all!" Kurenai wanders past gai and asuma urging them to follow along with her "come on boys we should leave the lovebirds alone"

As they wander away kakashi looks down at me and whines "i hate you..." I slightly stiffen at the words bringing up a few... unpleasent memories but try and relax knowing he didn't mean it, he still seems to notice and places a hand on my cheek "i didn't mean it" He says quietly, even though i knew he didn't mean the words it made me feel better hearing it from him. "i know" I say leaning into his hand ever so slightly, he kisses my forehead which lights my face up in a dark blush. He moved his hand to under my chin and went to lift it but i realised he would see my blush and quickly hid my face in his chest to which he responded with a soft chuckle and head pats.