Chapter 3

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kakashi's POV
A few days pass and the bridge is finally finished, we start walking back to our village though i am 100% sure we had some help. I look to sasuke and it seems that he knows that as well. As we make our way back to the village the mysterious presence never leave us 'maybe i should confront them?' I quickly contemplate my options but am interrupted by sakura "uh sensei, i think your going the wrong way" I look ahead and sure enough i was headed the wrong way, i scratch the back of my head and offer a small apologies "sorry" We redirect and keep moving, soon night falls and we prepare a small camp site. I don't feel great about sleeping with this mysterious presence around but we all need the rest and they haven't harmed any of us yet.

In the morning we keep moving still we're being followed. I let out a sigh making sakura look at me "something wrong sensei" I look at her for a second before focusing on my jumping "not at all sakura" After maybe an hour of moving i sense a large group of nin coming towards us "stop" My two genin stop and look back at me, i put my hand to my lips telling them to be quiet then i ready a kunai. My genin follow my lead readying their weapons sasukes head perks up slightly as the chakra signal gets close 'i guess he feels it to' A few minutes of silence pass before the rouge nin group attacks us. The fight was uneven as there were four on me and three on my two genin.

Kitsune's POV
I watch the fight waiting for the team to be knocked out so i can finish off the rouge nin. After a long fight the male genin passes out and the female genin is on her last leg, then jonin however is injured greatly but shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. The jonin keeps attacking till one of the rouge nin goes to attack from behind the female genin. On instinct the jonin pushes himself in front of the attack getting knocked out in the process 'perfect, the only one standing is the female and she isn't strong enough to attack me' I jump down out of the tree quietly as the rogue nin surround the female genin. I pull out a few shurikens and ready them for attack.

Then in less than a second i throw the shurikens and they each pierce an enemy target killing them. As the body's fall to the ground the female genin stands looking confused and scared that is until she spots me "s-stay back" I sigh and offer a slight bow showing i am not an enemy "i'm here to help not to harm" She looks hesitant but quickly realises that she can only do one thing which is trust me. I walk over to her and kneel down by the black haired genin checking his pulse, its slow but steady. I then move towards the jonin and check his pulse, it's fast to fast. I jump back just as the jonin ready's an attack stance 'he was faking it?!' He looks at me and his eyes widen "kitsune?" I stare for a second before the voice registers in my head "wolf?"

He lets out a laugh "thank god" I tilt my head in confusion "huh" He stands straight up and gives me a more serious look "how are you alive?" I hum and look down "you really think some rouge ninja could take me down?" He shifts his weight "why didn't you come back to the village if you were still alive" I once again avoid the question "if i wasn't smart i'd think you missed me" He glances down for a second "aw did you actually miss me" I smile from behind my mask. "so, kitsune are you coming back with us willingly or forcefully" I immediately realise what he's saying and swallow the lump in my throat "c-come on wolf maybe you could uh cut me some slack" He stares at me "you know i can't do that" I glance away and go to speak but before i can i'm pinned to the ground by wolf.

"hey that was a cheap shot" I say as i struggle underneath him. He laughs again "you know when we fight it takes forever and right now i have a genin to heal" He uses one hand to grab my mask "h-hey wait a minute" He looks down at me "what i've seen your face before" Once again i swallow the lump in my throat "wolf i haven't been around people in a long time" He lets out a calm sigh "relax i only want to make sure its you and not some fake" I slowly nod, he pulls my mask up and stares for a minute. After a while i start to get uncomfortable with his eyes on me "h-hey i though you only needed to check my identity" He's eyes snap up to mine and he places the mask back over my face. "So willingly or not" I sigh "you win i'll come with you" Wolf gives me a closed eye smile and gets up helping me up in the process.

"you haven't gotten rusty on your healing techinics have you?" I look to wolf and give a glare as response. He lets out a laugh and we walk over to the male genin, I kneel down and start checking his injuries. The female genin slowly approaches me as if i were a feral dog "calm down i don't bite" She nods and kneels beside me "is he alright" I lightly hum "yes, he's alright he should wake up in an hour or two" I lean the boy up against a tree and stand up "so wolf are you gonna introduce me to your genin?" I feel wolf's hand on my shoulder "This is sakura and the boy is sasuke" I smile "well you and your partner show great promise in being powerful ninja" The female genin i now know as sakura smiles at me "thanks"

<><><><><><><><><><><><>