The Element Keeper:Chapter 11: Secret Unveiled

Chapter 11: Secret Unveiled

Aaron's POV:

She knows. I can see it in her eyes. I saw the light that when off when she added two and two together. I don't know how she knows that I'm the air element, but she does.Xavier knows, maybe he told her. For now, we all need a place to stay for the night.

'This way', I said, motioning with my hand. I felt her eyes follow me, burning into my back. I sighed, this was a minor detour. I missed my city, Skya. The tall glass buildings, crystal clear water, and the air. The air its wonderful here, so fresh, untainted. No evil has come here, and hopefully never will. I would feel it if it came. As we made our way through the white, paved streets, citizens bowed their heads to me, acknowledging my return. I nodded my head back to them. The baker, the mechanist, one of the many flying teachers, people i love and miss. 

We soon arrived to my establishment. Situated on the highest hill in Skya, sat a mansion mostly made of glass, and a roof of mirrors. My home. Three stories high, immense gardens, and exquisite art, it was the city's proudest building. I could see many servants running around, anxiously getting ready for my arrival. My father sat in his study, grey sprinkled hair covering his stern face.

'And exactly HOW are we going to get up there?' asked a very sarcastic and mad Bree. She was obviously referring to the fact that my splendid mansion was sitting on the edge of a cliff, and no transportation services could be found. 

'Here', I said holding out my hands,'Ill fly you up.' Xavier reluctantly placed his hand in mine. Bree snorted, still fuming. Crossing her arms in front of her cream shirt, she slowly started to rise. Not even looking to where she was going, she landed safely on the edge of the cliff. My jaw dropped. Only citizens of Skya, and I could fly. She must- . I shook my head, impossible. Still in my shocked state, I flew up with Xavier, and landed next to a smug Bree. My wind slightly blew her honey colored hair, and she couldn't help but remind me of someone. No, Aaron; don't think of her, you promised you wouldn't, I scolded myself. 

Me in the lead, we traveled through the wondrous gardens, making our way to the front door. I glanced at Bree's amazed eyes. She probably never seen flowers like this before. Flowers that turned the color of the sky, like my eyes or float in the air. Some, when it gets dark, glow silver in the moonlight, and are gold by day. Perched on every tree available, were birds of every color  and species. Parakeets, parrots, toucans, and occasionally the Vermillion bird visits. Xavier was very wary, his hand posed on the handle of his sword the whole time, as if he expected the wren close by would attack him. I didn't know what to think of him. His almost black eyes held no trust, only greed. Bree seemed pretty attached to him though, i wonder what she saw in him. Girls, i can understand when certain winds should be where for both worlds, but girls completely fooled me. 

I do wonder why Xavier brought her. It was just supposed to be him and me (not that im complaining, if it was just Xavier, I probably would have killed him by now) trying to ally each others countries. I guess she's some type of princess of something. I shrugged, I'll soon find out when we talk to my father.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Bree's POV:

I'm mad. Who am i kidding? I'm furious, and it shows. Why didn't Aaron tell me? I mean, he knows I'm an element too, so why didn't he tell me? And Xavier, did he know? I'll defiantly have a word with him later. We walked down the richly adorned glass hallway. I had to admit Aaron has a nice house. Tapestries of forest scenes and animals (especially birds) were displayed. The white marble floor made a clip-clop sound as I walked on it with my tan boots. The ceiling was made completely out of one way mirrors, so let the pure light flourish in. It fell on Xavier's chocolate hair, and midnight eyes.I don't know how I feel about him, but I know there's something. I just didn't know if he felt the same way. I sighed, boys, a girl can never understand them. 

We approached a large almost pearl like door. Xavier stepped closer to me on instinct. His muscular arm brushed my shoulder. Shivers ran up my spine, and a blush bloomed on my cheeks. As if sensing it, Aaron turned around and looked at us strangely.

'Xavier, is Bree part of the treaty?' Xavier looked uncomfortable at Aaron's question. And I just had to stupidly ask,

'What treaty?' Aaron raised his blond eyebrows.

Just play along, I'll tell you everything later, I promise. Xavier's alva demanded.

'Oh! THAT treaty, yes I'm part of it'. He still looked skeptical.

'Are you sure? It's highly classified.' Aaron answered, unsure.

'Yeah, I'm sure',and I looked right into his blue eyes. He blinked.

'Of course, how silly of me, come we shall talk to my father.' I shot a relived glance at Xavier, which he returned. But I knew one thing, both Xavier and Aaron have some serious explaining to do.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

You liked it? Comment vote and fan! oh and i made a facebook page, search the element keeper on facebook. Also on chapter one there's a slideshow of the characters! check it out!