The Element Keeper: Chapter 7: Preperations

Chapter 7: Preperations

The next morning was hectic. Servents flying around the castle, trying (and failing) to get things in order for Xavier and my trip. I trotted to my chambers, which were full of maids packing unnecessary clothing. Seeing me in the doorway they all froze.

'Miss Cole' they all saind and curtsied in unison. Then all hell broke loose. Twelve different women came up to me with questions such as,

'Miss Cole would you like to take your silver gown?' or

'Miss Cole may I suggest your ruby necklace with tomarrows outfit?'

At this time normaly in a movie someone (preferably me) would wistle loudly; I stuck my fingers in my mouth and blew; I only succeded in spraying my silava on a passing maid. She looked at me in disgust.

'Sorry'. I said, holding back a giggle. I then proceded to yelling as loud as humanly possible,

'SSSSTTTTOOOPPP!!!!!!!!' I yelled, lenghthing out each letter. And for thesecond time in a five minute period, evreyone froze. I sighed in relief. I was kind of funny, watching them standing there, one with three giant boxes stacked up in her arms. Another with dozens of gowns floating from her hands.

'Okay, first of all, I don't want that many clothes for this excavation' a collective gasp rose up from the small crowd. I rolled my eyes.

'And second I want barley ANY jewels and NO I mean NO high heeled shoes!' I believe I saw one or two faint from my proclimation.

'And lastly all of you but Lorie please leave.' And like a herd of well trained dress crazy elephants, they slowly waddled their way out of my chambers.

All except one; I smiled at Lorie and beckoned her closer. Her small petite frame walked over. Looking at me with her blond hair and aquamarine eyes, I couldn't help but smile. She was about my age but seemed to me like a little kid.

' So I need you to find the plainest knapsack you can find' she nodded and started lookin through my belongings. I walked over to my wardrobe and threw the doors open. Inside there were about twenty extravegant gowns all adorned with jewels. I turned around to se Lorie smiling.

'What?' I asked.

'May I show you something miss?' she asked.

'Sure'. She walked over to the woardrobe and searched the back of the wardrobe.

'What is there Narnia back there' I joked

I turned around with a puzzeled expression plastered on her face then shook her head and continued searching.

'Don't tell me you've never heard of-' My jaw dropped. She had apparently been searching for a button of some sorts. Pushing it she had exposed an extra room behind the wardrobe. Lorie stepped in and beckoned me to come. Inside were rows and rows of clothes; but unlike the fancy gowns theese ensembles were mostly made up of pants and blouses.

'Will this satisfy' she questioned

'How-' I began;

'I was the lady in waiting to the last princess here, you are staying in some of her rooms. She never liked the gowns and jewels so hed this extra room built for her.' Lorie answered.

'Cool'

'Are you cold miss, should i grab you a shawl?' she asked.

I laughed, 'No « cool » in my world means....uhh....posh.' I said hoping they used words like that here. She nodded, 'Okay, cool' and i had to refrain from laughing again.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Finally I was ready. Dressed in a tan tunic that reached a little past my knees, and chocolate brown pants accompanied with black boots. I left my hair loose, but kept my necklace on. Lorie had packed my worn out knapsack with severel similar ensembles. Xavier ran up to me, his white billowing shirt a great contrast to his severly tanned complextion, his black pants and boots completed the work.

'Demitri would like to see you in the stables', he said.

'Who?'

He's the head horse master. His alva replied.

Where are the stables? I asked. He pointed to his right, at a collection of small buildings that gave off a strong smell.

'We need to leave in thirty minutes so don't take long' he said.

I nodded and started off in the direction of the stables. Once I arrived I noticed a young man, maybe a little older than me, scooping out a stall.

'Excuse me, but could you tell me where Demitri is?' i asked.

'Right in front of you'.

'You're the stable master?' I was surprised he was very young to be in charge i thought. With his fire red hair and bright green eyes, he seemed younger than ever.

'Yes I know I am young but the reason I am the stable master is because the King appointed me to be, okay?' he answerd gruffly. Apparently he got the « you're to young » thing a lot.

'Sorry I didn't mean it that way. Well on the other hand I believe you wished to see me?'

'Yes, you need to choose your horse for your journey. But know this, this horse chooses you, you don't choose the horse.'

'Woah, like Harry Potter much?' i asked expecting a puzzeled answer.

'Wh-'

I cut him off,'Nevermind'.

'So ill leave you to it then.' he then went back to work.

Okay so maybe I was expectiong a little more guidence, but thats okay. I walked up and down the long halway noticing a palimino, a bay, a pinto; but no horses caught my eye. I sighed, maybe no horse here was right for me. I started walking back towards Demitri, when something moved out of ht ecorner of my eye. Stand in her stall staring straight at me was the most beautiful horse. So silver that she was almost metallic, with lavender eyes, I knew she was the horse for me.

'Demitri, I choose this one' he came over and smiled.

'This is Esperanza, it means Hope in our language.'

Esperanza. My alva thought. She jerked her head up and looked into my eyes.

Hello Brianna, I've been waiting for you. You will accomplish great things while astride me, and make choices that will change the worlds. Welcome, Element Keeper.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

Remember the characters in this chapter it will help you later on

SOOO cliff hanger much????!!!!

Commet Vote and Fan!!!

~jinx