Chapter 12: The Last Stand

Chapter 12

'Hey!' Xavier walked away from me, out onto the balcony.

'HEY!' he turned around.

'You owe me some answers! I looked like an idiot out there! What is this treaty? And why do he have to kill Aaron? What did he ever do to us?' Millions of questions were racing through my frazzledmind, and just a mere few spilled out.

'Hold on.' Xavier grabbed my shoulders.

'Calm down. he said soothingly. But i wasn't going to fall for that.

'CALM DOWN? And what about not telling me that Aaron is the air element, huh???!!!!'

'Shit.' He whispered. 'You found out about that?' 

'Duh! It's sooooo obvious! I'm not some dumb girl you just picked off the side of the road, I wasn't born yesterday. God. I trusted you! I-I even-' tears welled up in my eyes. Liked you, I added silently in my head.

'Bree.' Xavier whispered. It's ridiculous how my heart jumps when he says my name.

'I didn't tell you for your own safety. It's complicated.'

'I'm waiting.' I crossed my arms and gave him the best glare that I could.

***

Aaron's POV

I'm pacing in my room, and each time a current of wind courses through my room. She can't just be some sort of ambassador. She has to be someone important. Ii can just feel it. And how can she fly? Only someone from Skya can do that. I am positive she is not from Skya. I was still pacing, when I heard a piercing scream.

Bree's POV

'Fine, I'll show you.' Xavier touched my mind with his alva, and images flooded my mind.

*FLASHBACK*

'Son.' King Noir said, gesturing to Xavier.

'You must do this, for our family, for your forefather's, for REVENGE!' His black eyes flashed maliciously. I now noticed how much they looked alike. The same strong chin, same black hair and eyes, it was a wonder how I hadn't realized it before.

'Give her this.' the king held out my black necklace Xavier had given me. 

'It will weaken her immortality. One month after you give her this, KILL HER!'

'Yes father,' Xavier said, and took the necklace from his outstretched hand.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

After finding out the bewildering truth, I didn't notice when he plunged his knife into my chest until I felt a warm wetness on my shirt, blood.

'How-How could you?' 

'Easy, you just need a sharp knife.', He laughed, his once warm eyes now seemed cold and evil. 

Then the pain hit me, and I screamed.

The last thing I saw were two black circles of a traitor.

END OF¨PART ONE

************************************************************************************************************

so did she die? you will have to wait for a loooong time, because i have to finish Destiny, then edit Part One of TEK then edit Destiny, THEN i can start part two!!

VOTE COMMENT AND FAN!!