The Element Keeper: Chapter 9: The Truth About Aaron

Chapter 9: The Truth About Aaron

Word Key:

Aaron: air-on

Skya: sky-a

Aerthia: air-e-th-e-a

Καλήγη: ka-lee-g

Waking up from my scary real dream, I noticed that it wasn't all a dream. My right arm was submerged in the flames of the fire next to me. Shrieking, I jumped up, noticing the light pink sky of morning. Looking frantically around the camp for someone to help me with my arm. Xavier wasn't there, Aaron was sleeping on his camping bed. I screamed again as my now flame free arm burned in pain. Tears were now streaming down my face. Aaron got up slowly, and as soon as he saw me, he rushed over. He touched my hurt arm, and immediately it cooled.

'What in Aerthia happened to you?' he asked. Not wanting to tell him the truth, I responded;

'I woke up and my arm was in the fire.' Something beyond my comprehension flashed across his face.

'Let's get you fixed up'. He gently led me over to a small brown bag and motioned for me to sit down. His pink eyes glazed with worry he looked at my injured limb. Wait, PINK eyes! Last night they were black! I sighed, I'll never get used to this place.

By early afternoon Xavier teleported back from who knows where, and after a heated discussion with Aaron, we were back on the road. At first I wondered how Aaron would keep up, since he has no horse, but I learned to never underestimate someone. As it turns out, he has one of my abilities, he can fly. It came in very useful, as he is a professional, that he could scout ahead.

We are now headed to a village by the name of Skya. It apparently is Aaron's home town, and as Xavier says, could be a useful way to gain his trust. I'm still not on board with this whole killing Aaron thing. I mean, he's really nice, and I'm certainly no assassin.

&&&&&&&

We arrived to a large transparent wall. It rose high into the clouds, and stretched as far as the eye could see.

'Well, what do we do now?', I asked, dismounting Esperanza.

'We have to wait for someone from the other side to let us in.', Xavier said.

I looked at the wall, it was transparent but held a rainbow of colors. I looked deeper into it, and unconsciously took a step forward. I heard the faint voice of someone singing radiating off the wall.

'Do you hear that?' I asked. Xavier gave me a funny look, while Aaron looked stared at me, eyes wide.

'Do you, by any chance, hear singing?' Aaron asked.

'Yeah, why? Don't you?' He shook his head.

'No' but by this time a huge smile was plastered on his face. Xavier looked between us, suspiciously. The song picked up again, but I couldn't make out any words. It was a wordless tune, but very beautiful.

I stepped forward, hand stretched out.Somewhere in the back of my consciousness, I heard Aaron and Xavier yelling at me. Be quite , I wanted to say, as it was harder to hear when they were yelling like that. Without hesitating, I stuck my hand into the singing wall. A strange tingling spread through me. I jumped forward into the wall. It was about five feet thick, and now I was standing inside of it. Everything was a swirl of color and music. I knew somehow that I needed to exit quickly into the other side. I jumped out of the beautiful wall, the tingling sensation overwhelming me again. Dizziness came over me, and I quickly grabbed on to a nearby tree. Looking up I saw the most beautiful sight. In front of me was a wonderful meadow, one that in corny movies bunnies would hop by and deer drink out of the small waterfall. Remembering my friends, I turned around to help them through the wall. To my surprise it had disappeared. Aaron floated over in amazement, and Xavier brought the horses over.

'That wall had been standing there for almost three million years. It divided Aerthia in two, Malterre and Καλήγη. And then you come around and-', Aaron motioned to where the wall used to stand.

'Look, I'm sorry, I didn't-' I stated.

'No no no, don't worry everyone will be ecstatic to find out that it's gone. Some families were separated because of this wall, but their ruler forbade them to cross it.' Aaron said, giving a fleeting glance to Xavier,much to my confusion. I didn't dwell on it much because my mind was to preoccupied by one question. How did I do that?

&&&&&&&&&&

We rode for about three more hours, and arrived to a to a completely burned down village. Black skeletons were all that remained of once mighty buildings.

'Aaron what-' I started, but he put up his hand, rudely cutting me off. Aaron led us to the town square, of what was left of it.

'Quickly everyone over here', he said, motioning to a large white stone that he was on top of. It seemed so out of place in this black wasteland that used to be a town. Xavier and I dismounted, and led the horses over to the white stone. The three of us plus two horses barley fit. Aaron clapped his hands once, and started talking in a language that I didn't understand. A column of pure white light descended from the heavens. The horses whinnied in nervousness as the rock started to shake, and then float upwards into the clouds. We emerged from the white field of clouds, and I saw a beautiful island. Yes, and island in the sky. It was almost like the movie Avatar, but without hot guys who turn into blue creatures. (AN: Great movie by the way) The White rock ported us to a station of some sorts.

'Welcome to Skya'; Aaron announced, lifting his hands up and motioned to the town behind us. Tall skyscrapers completely made of glass, reflected the sky. People walked from building to building by bridges that connected everything. It was magnificent. Aaron looked over at me, his face shining in happiness. Something sparkled on his chest, a sliver chain with a large bluish diamond rested on his white shirt. It kind of reminded me of my necklace from my father. The wind picked up as Aaron saw me staring. He quickly pushed it back into his shirt. It didn't take me long to add it up,. How the wind changed when he moved, how his eyes changed color with the sky, his flying abilities. This young man is no sorcerer. He's the air element.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§!

how many people saw that coming? 

okay, i was trying to make a slide show of the covers and other pictures but you can only use photobucket and you have to be 14 to use it. When i saw that i was like, COME ON PEOPLE my 14th birthdays in a couple of weeks, can't you cut me some slack? but nooooo. So everyone will just have to wait until February 8th for an awesome slide show.

oh and i just added a REALLY important extra little page thing, but its only for fans, sorry! :( so you know what the solution is right? 

Vote Comment AND Fan!!!!

~jinx

I MADE A FACEBOOK PAGE!!!!! search the Element Keeper on facebook!!! theres  lots of photos covers to vote on, info about the book; upcoming stuff and MORE!!!