The Element Keeper Chapter 4: Him

Chapter 4: Him

I woke up to the sound of a fire crackling and and its warm embrace. What happened? I groggily asked myself. Then I remembered. Him. I bolted up into a sitting position, disturbing both the coarse blanket that now was draped over by body, and the dirt smeared all over my once beautiful dress. Sighing, I looked around. The he was, sitting on a medium sized rock, not ten feet away. His broad shoulders and naturally muscular built was breathtaking. His dark brown hair was cropped short, exposing his highly tanned neck. I stood up slowly, and he instantly spun around. A shadow of a beard was etched into his profound chin. Eyebrows that matched the color of his hair enhanced his brown eyes; the color of molten chocolate. The minute our gazes locked, warm brown on confronting gray, I couldn't look away. I shivered, who is this guy? Noticing my questions would not be answered unless voiced aloud, I asked him, quite timidly;

'Who are you?'

He opened his mouth to answer, when suddenly; a giant bird swooped down in front of me. Sustaing flight just a couple inches from me. It was my height, and with feathers every hue of red and orange imaginable, and a long tail consisting of yellow feathers.

She was beautiful.

'Stand back!' my unnamed hero yelled, thrusting his sword close to the bird.

'Don't hurt her!' I shrieked, but before his sword could touch her, she burst into flames and disappeared.

'What was that?' I gasped.

'A Vermilion bird, more commonly known as a phoenix.'

'A phoenix', I breathed.

He nodded and slowly sheathed his dark black sword, glancing warily around.

'Will she be okay?' I asked. I hated to think that beautiful bird was dead.

'Unfortunately, yes, she is immortal', he growled. Slightly taken back at his dislike for the phoenix, I remembered my earlier question.

'So', I started hinting that he should answer my earlier question.

'So?' he questioned.

I sighed, men, typical they never remember anything.

'Well then, who are you?'

§§§§§§§§§§§§

Xavier. His answer rang in my ears. It fit him perfectly. Muscular bodied, knight-in-shining-armor kind of name. His name.

'And yours?' he asked.

'Brianna, but you can call me Bree-if you want o-or Bree's fine I- ill stop talking now',i stammered out. Looking in those chocolate brown eyes, made my legs melt,much less my voice. He smiled,as if he could find my embarrassed self charming.

'So i guess you need some new clothes' he remarked noting my filthy dress. Leading me to a nearby stream, he opened his satchel, that i just realised he had, and pulled out a light blue dress. Billowy in the arms, its boat neck complimented the full skirt. it was totally what you would think a colonial/medieval dress would look like.

'You can change over there' he said, pointing to a near by bush.

Double checking to make sure he was out of sight I crouched behind the bush and changed, also taking a gulp from the stream. When i was finished, I walked back to the clearing.

'It looks good on you' he said taking in the dress.

I blushed. 'Were you looking for me? Because i mean, why else would you have a dress?'

Yes. He didn't say the answer,but it seemed to flow from his mind to mine.

'What just happened?' i asked.

'I sent you an alva, a mind-message in your language, almost everyone can do it here'

'Can I?' i asked. He nodded. I focused on his eyes and mentally created a line that attached us.

How do I get home? I asked, feeling that it worked.

I don't know, but my father might, ill take you to the castle.

 Images of me being chained up in a dungeon flashed through my mind.

' As a guest of course', he said, breaking the silence.

'Of course', I answered, he would never hurt me, would he? I mean i hardly know the guy. As if sensing my misgivings he sent an alva.

You can trust me,you know. There are some you can't,but you can trust me.

 What if you're one of the ones who i can't trust? , i shot back, a very good looking one i added to myself.

He chuckled, 'that's a risk you're going to have to take', he said holding out his hand. I slowly placed mine in his, felt a jolt in my stomach,and at once we were in front of a HUGE black castle.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

as always PLEASE comment vote and fan!

(by the way im NEVER going to say stuff like "only 50 more votes and ill upload the next chapter" no; i believe that i rude, you should get votes and stuff because people like you story, not because you tell them to. so anyway...ill NEVER do that.

~ jinx