The Element Keeper: Chapter 8: Red

Sooo im so happy!!! my reads have reached 1000!!! if only my votes were that high.... in other newsmy birthday is in a couple of weeks!! The 8th of February i will be 14! Im having a bowling party (i have no other ideas) so yeah it would be great as an early birthday present if people (that means YOU) would VOTE COMMENT and FAN!!!!

Chapter 8: Red

We stopped for the night. The early night air dusted my face. I looked over at Xavier who was dismounting his brilliant black horse. I smiled, and touched the necklace that he had given me. A large diamond was strung on a single black chain. Simple (expensive) and yet incredibly chic; it now replaced my necklace from my father. I swung my left leg over Esperanza and dismounted. Stumbling, I grabbed the reins as a wave of vertigo swept over me. I'm probably just tired,I thought. 

We gave the horses water and rolled out our small beds in silence.

'Why don't you go get wood while I try to start a fire?', Xavier asked.

'Good idea' I said and walked away in the opposite direction. It was so dark, i immediately wished that I had brought the lantern. I wish I had some light, I thought. As soon as I thought "light" my hands started to glow. A yellowish creamy color wrapped around my hands like sunlight in water. With my new found light ability, it was fairly easy to find plenty of firewood. Sticking my sun enveloped hand out, I command "up" and the log of wood rose of the ground. I amused myself in doing this, and soon had a long trail of logs following a pair of glowing hands, like moths to a flame. 

When I walked back to camp, I heard people talking.

'Well is it her?' a man's voice whispered.

'You'll have to find out for yourself, why would i tell you?' Xavier's voice, i was sure that it is his, responded.

'Don't you see? We're only trying to help....you know what will happen if, well you know.'

'Yes, I realize this, but if the prediction is not fulfilled, its better for us.' Xavier sneered. The other man caught his breath.

'That was you're plan all along, i mean I know we hate each other but what about-' And being as stupid and cliché as i am, I stepped on a twig. They immediately hushed. Walking in the camp withthe wood now in my hands, I noticed another man laying by the fire. Using my levitation abilities, the firewood floated near Xavier. Trying to fill the awkward silence, I said

'Soooo, who are you?' directing the question at the young man on my left.

'Aaron'. He answered flipping his blond hair out of his dark grey eyes. His hair reminded me of someone....He was probably 17 or 18, nice muscles (granted not as nice as Xavier's but no one can really beat him) and tan skin. He was wearing a light blue billowing shirt and light brown pants with chocolate brown boots. All in all, pretty cute. I could sense that either we would be great friends, or rip each others eyes out.

Who is he? my alva asked Xavier.

He is the one we came for, he is the one we need to kill.

################

I looked around me, wind whipping my hair, I stood atop a mountain top; the blue sea on the right, forest on my left and a grand prairie behind. In front of me charcoaled land, something moved in the distance, it was a volcano erupting. 

'Turn around idiot' a voice said. I spun around and standing in front of me was a girl. She was about my age, black hair with red highlights on the tips of the hair and eyes that matched. Her dark brown skin contrasted with her long, bright red, dress.

'Who are you?' I asked. She snorted, then shrugged.

'you asked for it' She lifted her arms and her once menacing black eyes were now bright bloody red and her hair was an array of pink, red, yellow and orange. Only then did I fell the heat on my back, it ran up my arms, consumed my whole body. When I turned to look, I saw flames dancing all over my skin. I screamed as they began to burn, more and more. The last thing I saw was a pair of red eyes.

§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

so like it?