Thirty Eight

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" Pietro asked as he stepped into his cerulean sneakers, a design that my dad borrowed from Wakanda.

He was going on his first mission since resurrection. As much as I wanted to be there with him, cheering him on, I just wasn't ready to be back in the field.

"Yeah, maybe in a few weeks though." He gave me a sad smile and pulled me into a hug. "I'll miss you." I said quietly to the speedster.

"It'll only be a week, I'll be back before you know it."

We pulled away and smiled at each other before he joined Nat, Vision, and Clint on the quinjet.

I spent the rest of the morning doing a bit of cleaning in my bedroom. The piles of clothes that had taken up residence on my floor had been relocated to a hamper. Dishes that sat on my desk for far too long were now washed and drying next to the kitchen sink.

Once the cleaning was done, I collapsed into my bed. I felt a little proud of myself for tidying up but it's not a big deal, cleaning your room is not that big of an accomplishment. I shouldn't have let it get dirty in the first place.

I sat up and my eyes trailed over to my desk, there was a small white envelope on the corner. The only gift that I accepted last week on my birthday.

Peter told me that for the months that her and I were missing, he wrote. They weren't long letters but there were enough to fill the envelope to its capacity. My birthday gift was the ones addressed to me.

Gently, I tore open the top of the envelope and pulled out a folded piece of notebook paper. The letters weren't in any particular order so I just grabbed the first one that met my fingertips.

(Y/N),

I stopped by the tower on my way home today. Dr. Banner let me use the lab to do some adjustments on my suit. I haven't been going out as Spider-Man in a while but I've been thinking about going back. I think you'd want me to.

-Peter

I placed the paper down and pulled another one out of the envelope.

(Y/N),

Flash came to our table during lunch today. Ever since you had Loki threaten him, he hasn't been a total asshole but he hadn't really been friendly, mostly just trying to use me to get a job a Stark industries. But today he seemed genuinely nice. It was really weird. He apologized too, I guess all I needed to do for him to not act like a total douchebag was have two of not closest friends kidnapped. I should have thought of this earlier.

-Peter-Man

I read a few more before stowing the envelope away in one of my desk drawers. I pulled a blanket off of my bed and wrapped it around myself before sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed.

My bedroom door opened just a few inches and my dad peeked his head through the crack.

"Hey, mini me." He smiled slightly at me, I couldn't tell if it was a genuine expression of love or just a way of showing how he pitied me.

"Hey, dad." I mirrored his expression and patted the floor next to me. He accepted the invitation and sat next to me.

I wrapped the blanket around the both of us and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I need you to promise me something." I say quietly.

"What do I need to promise you?" He looks down at me slightly.