Thirty

3rd person POV

The disappearance of (Y/N) Stark and Ophelia Newman seemed to be all the media was talking about. There were thousands of strangers posting about it day and night. It was a kind gesture but for Tony, it was a constant reminder of what he had lost.

Everyone at the tower was struggling, but some were having a tougher time than others.

Tony secluded himself. Attempting to work through the pain. Some days it would work but it usually wouldn't. Bruce didn't try to comfort him. Bruce was struggling in his own way. (Y/N) was always helping with projects in the lab, laughing at dumb jokes Tony would make and fixing errors. It felt too quiet.

When Tony wasn't in the lab, he was drinking. Steve wanted to say something but he knew better.

When Loki first arrived at the tower, (Y/N) was the only person willing to treat him with any bit of decency. She never judged him for his past and Loki was grateful. He closed himself off when she disappeared, never leaving his room. He spoke to Thor occasionally but no one else. No one dared speak to him, they all knew how close him and (Y/N) were.

There was plenty of speculation on why she and Ophelia were kidnapped. Everything from terrorists to an alien invasion. But no one was thinking of HYDRA. It was widely believed that they were gone, no one was considering it as an option.

Peter didn't know how to handle it. The world was wondering where Spider-Man had gone. His classmates offered kind words but he was rarely listening. His grades were slipping and no one could blame him.

Ned, Peter, and MJ ate lunch mostly in silence. An occasional comment about the weather or some gossip going around school. None of them could bare to talk about Ophelia or
(Y/N). Teachers offered sympathy and gave them some leeway when it came to assignments.

No one wanted to think about what the two girls were going through. Everyone tried to hope for the best but spirits were low. The tower felt incomplete. There was an air of sorrow in every room.

Tony sat on the edge of his bed, clutching a picture frame. It was a picture from (Y/N)'s birthday. She was in the middle of blowing out the candles on her cake, Peter and Ophelia sitting on either side of her smiling.

He put the picture down on his nightstand and buried his face in his hands. He felt like he truly lost everything.

Tony was trying his hardest to be optimistic but it was proving to be a challenge. Not knowing was the worst, if he knew where they were or who took them, he could do something. Everyone was working hard but it felt useless. Like running in a dream.

Every time they thought they found a lead, it turned out to be useless. It was incredibly tiring.

Tony wiped a tear from his eye while looking down at the picture frame.

"I will find you." He whispered. "If it's the last thing I do."

Tony switched on the television and much to his dismay, it was a reporter talking about (Y/N) and Ophelia.

"It has been two months since (Y/N) Stark and her girlfriend, Ophelia Newman went missing." She spoke with a professional tone.

"(Y/N) is is the daughter of Tony Stark, more commonly known as Iron Man. There has been lots of speculation surrounding why the girls were taken but no evidence has been discovered. Our hearts go out to the friends and family of (Y/N) and Ophelia. We can only pray for their safe and speedy return."

He switched off the television and hurled the remote across the room in anger. It hit the wall and broke in pieces, loudly falling to the floor.

Tony was no stranger to anger but usually someone was there to calm him down. Not this time.