Seventeen

"Mom!" I yell for my mother but get no answer. Her bloody and battered body sits unmoving next to me in the totaled car. The pain is immeasurable, like nothing I've ever felt before. "Mom please! Open your eyes!" I feel tears flow down my cheeks, seeping into the cuts that riddle my cheeks. My mother opens her eyes and stares at me. Her eyes are no longer full of the sparkle that once was there, instead there's a darkness that sent a shiver up my spine. 

"This is all your fault." She spoke with a low, raspy voice. "You could've prevented this. Look what you did." Suddenly, her eyes were completely dead, no sparkle, no darkness, no nothing. A scream rips up my throat, calling for her to not leave me. I can't do this without her. I'm all alone.

I sat straight up in my bed, I was awoken by a bright flash outside my window. I checked my phone to see what time it was and saw that it was around three am.

I peek out the window and try to look for what caused the flash. It was like lighting but a million times stronger. I see no sign of anything that could be the source of the super lightning.

"Maybe I imagined it." I whispered to myself.

"Imagined what?" I screamed and fell against my wall. I looked in the darkness for the source of the voice, my eyes landing on a tall figure. I switch on the light and take in their features. Tall, long dark hair, handsome, strange green and black clothes.

"I'm terribly sorry, I was informed that this room would be empty." He spoke with a British accent.

"Well, seeing as this is my bedroom. I think that was false information." I say back.

"Yes, it appears so..." I look up at him with panicked eyes. "Are you alright? Why are you still on the ground?"  I stand up and brush myself off.

"There's a strange man in my room wearing weird clothes and he has a British accent and it's the middle of the night so no, I'm not doing so great." Just then, Pietro walks in.

"Hey? I heard you scream and I- who is that?" He looks at the tall man.

"That's what I want to know." I say to Pietro.

"Who are you talking to?" The stranger asks me with furrowed brows.

"Ghost friend." I say back.

"You have a ghost friend?" He looks at me weird.

"That's beside the point, you are a creepy man in a 15 year old girl's bedroom so you don't get to ask questions." He opened his mouth to respond but was interrupted by an enormous blonde man entering my room. I instantly recognized him.

"Brother! I need you-" he stopped and looked at me then back at-what I assume to be-his brother.

"Hey! It's Thor!" Pietro exclaimed. Thor looked me dead in the eyes and started towards me.

"Who are you? What are you doing in the avengers tower?" He yelled with a booming voice.

"I live here!" I squeaked back at him.

"Do not lie to me! I have never met you before." He backed me into a corner and I had nowhere to go. I panicked and yelled for FRIDAY.

"FRIDAY! Get my dad up here please!"

"Right away, Ms. (L/N)." The AI responded with a polite voice.

"Listen, I live here. I'm new, that's why we've never met." I pleaded with the god.

"What proof do you have?" His tone softened.

"Ask Tony, or Steve or anyone that you know." He backed up slightly but still had me trapped in the corner. I hear the elevator ding and footsteps coming towards my room. The door opened.